ALL >> Business >> View Article
Know About Blending And Mixing: What Are Agitators, Blenders, Or Mixers?
Mixing is the process to produce a homogenous product by thoroughly combining different materials. A combination of dissimilar materials, e.g. cement and coal ash are blended in a specified ratio to produce Pozzocrete cement is the mixture.
In other cases, to produce a uniform lot of a desired volume / weight with consistent particle color, size distribution, other required attributes, texture, and e.g. to a homogenous lot size of 4 tons metal powders produced in 1 ton batch size are blended a chemically homogenous material may be mixed in Mixing equipment.
The terms "mixing" and "blending" are slightly different technically, but they are often used interchangeably. Process of combining materials is blending, but compared to mixing blending is a relatively gentle process in Ribbon mixer.
In terms of the phase of material, blending with small quantity of liquid is the process of mixing of bulk solids or solid-solid mixing in Paddle mixer. With viscous materials, gas-liquid, and liquid-liquid the terminology mixing is more closely associated.
We will use the terms blending and mixing interchangeably for the scope of this article and those to follow.
Blending and Mixing by Industrial mixer in the chemical process industries are the most demanding unit operations. On blending and mixing technology Industries such as foods and pharmaceutical also heavily rely.
Importance of Mixing Technology
Mixing is a critical process because by the quality of the mix its attributes and the quality of the final product are derived. Lacking consistency with respect to desired attributes like particle size, color, chemical composition, flavor, texture, and reactivity Improper mixing results in a non-homogenous product. Powder mixer is reliable.
To ensure efficient and effective mixing careful selection, design, and scale up is required by the wide variety and ever increasing complexity of mixing processes encountered in industrial applications. Shorter operational costs and batch cycle times is resulted from enhanced mixing efficiency leads.
Robust equipment like Ploughshare mixer that is capable of lower power consumption, fast blend times, ease of cleaning, a gamut of customized features and equipment flexibility, are required by today’s competitive production lines.
Many modern mixers In addition to blending components like Plow mixer are designed to combine in a single equipment different process steps, e.g. drying, granulation, coating, heat transfer, etc.
Types of Mixing Equipment
Based on the type of materials being mixed, mixing equipment like Twin paddle mixer are classified. The three main classifications of mixing equipment are:
Blenders: Mixers for Solid-Solid Blending
There is a wide range of blender technologies available considering the myriad of industrial operations requiring blending of bulk solids. Blenders Depending on the mechanism of mixing, principle are classified as follows:
• Fluidization Mixer: Double Paddle Mixer, Plow Mixer
• Convective Blender: Vertical Screw Blender, Paddle Blender, Ribbon Blender
• Tumbler Blenders: Octagonal Blender, V-Blenders, Double Cone Blender.
Agitators: Liquid Gas Mixing, Mixers for Liquid-Liquid
In agitated vessels by rotating impellers, a variety of process functions like dispersing or contacting immiscible liquids, blending miscible liquids, heat transfer in agitated liquid, dispersing a gas in a liquid, suspension of solids in liquids, etc. are carried out.
Business Articles1. The Main Benefits Of Using Good Branded Air Purifier In Home
Author: Mahlasdjen Gurajasdnei
2. How Can Game Development Boost Your Business
3. Do You Know The Essentials Of Mobile Game Development?
4. Multiplayer Game Development Services
5. These Aspects Should Be Looked Into For Website Design And Marketing
Author: Javier Lopez
6. Things To Note About Equipment For Food Processing
7. Explore More On Portable Rebar Bender For Sale
8. Manganese Steel Plates Manufacturers
Author: Vihan Jain
9. Combo Kits-rv Market | Rv Generator Adapters
Author: Tony Barber
10. 3 Essential Tips To Choose The Right Ecommerce Fulfillment Service In India
11. Deadly Qualities Of A Project Manager
Author: John Lee
12. Organic Fertilizer Manufacturer, Exporter, Supplier In India
Author: Sun Agri Export
13. Bret Talley Offers Palm Beach Business Owners Complimentary Remote Website Consultations And Advice
14. What Is The Future Of The Food Industry? How Is It Evolving?
15. Do Check On These Wedding Photography Styles While Choosing A Photographer In Colchester
Author: Scott Miller