ALL >> Hardware-Software >> View Article
How To Fix Quickbooks Update Error 12157
QuickBooks update error 12157 falls under the 12XXX series of errors and indicates the connectivity issues that QuickBooks is facing on Windows. Microsoft Windows uses several API’s to establish a connection of its application with the internet like HTTP and FTP. If these API’s shows any faults or misconfigurations, then QuickBooks face difficulties connecting with the internet and displays update errors. QuickBooks Error 12157 is also an update error that arises while downloading and installing the updates of QuickBooks Desktop application. Further, in the article, you will find the detailed troubleshooting steps to resolve the error, so follow the complete article until the end.
Need Help Resolving QuickBooks Update Error 12157? Call QuickBooks Customer Service Number (844)-888-4666 Now
Troubleshooting Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error 12157
Step 1: Restore Internet Explorer Settings
1. Exit QuickBooks from your Windows Desktop.
2. Now open Internet Explorer and from under the settings click Internet Options.
3. Go to the Advanced tab and click Restore Advanced Settings options.
4. Click Apply and then hit OK.
5. Exit Internet Explorer and try to update QuickBooks again.
Step 2: Re-Configure Windows Firewall
1. Open Control Panel on Windows and select Windows Firewall.
2. Go to the Ports tab and select reconfigure incoming and outgoing ports.
3. Set port value to 10172.
4. Now allow the following processes to access the inbound and outbound connections.
Step 3: Reset QuickBooks Internet Explorer Settings
1. Open QuickBooks Desktop application and from under the Security tab select Internet as the time zone to change.
2. Hit Custom Level and when the Internet Zone box appears scroll down to ActiveX Controls and Plug-ins.
3. Now select the following:
a. Binary and script behavior.
b. Download signed ActiveX controls.
c. Run ActiveX Controls and Plugins.
d. Script ActiveX Controls Marked Safe for Scripting.
4. Click OK and then close the Security Settings - Trusted Sites Zone window.
Above-mentioned are some of the basic troubleshooting steps that you can perform to resolve QuickBooks update error 12157 and in case if you are unable to resolve the error or get a different update error this time then follow the advance troubleshooting mentioned in our article on How to Get Rid of QuickBooks Update Errors. You can also call our 24/7 support line number (844)-888-4666 to get in touch with one of our experts for help and support.
Hardware/Software Articles1. Role Of Dynamic 365 In Retail Business
Author: Shahzad Ali
2. Overview Of Online Space Rental Business
Author: my Jackson
3. Business Models For Your Online Dating Business
Author: Amy Jackson
4. Reasons Why You Need Preventive Maintenance Software For Your Organization?
Author: Rati Singh
5. Raspberry Pi Humanoid Robot Kit | Humanoid Robot Kit | Mini Humanoid Robot
Author: SB Components
6. Raspberry Pi 4, 3b+, 3, 2 Bumper Case - Clear
Author: Sb Components
7. Bulk Database Provider
8. How Sales Force Automation Can Assist In Growing Business For Fmcg Industries?
Author: Rati Bhanot
9. Why People Buy School Management Software System?
10. Why To Choose Dynamics 365 Over Other Business Enterprise Solutions?
Author: Shahzad Ali
11. Delivery Date Extension: Your Usp
Author: Maulik Shah
12. Dedicated Server Provider In Dubai, Uae
13. Data Mining Software
14. Top App Developers San Francisco
15. Web Development Company In Surat | Web Development Services
Author: Alpesh Vaghasiya