ALL >> Business >> View Article
Natural Remedies For Getting Rid Of Silverfish Naturally
Cloves – The scent of cloves is supposed to be horrible to silverfish. Use whole cloves in areas where you find silverfish.
Cucumbers – Cucumber peels are said to repel silverfish because of their scent. Leave cucumber peels around areas where you suspect silverfish may be lurking. Just make sure you clean and replenish the peels before they become rotten.
Citrus – Any citrus smelling sprays will help to repel silverfish. These can easily be made at house by using water and lemon juice and spraying in places you find silverfish.
Mothballs – The scent of mothballs is said to repel silverfish as well. Mothballs also help rid your home of other insects.
Boric Acid – Sprinkle a bit of boric acid powder around the places you think are affected by silverfish. Silverfish will be paying attention to boric acid and will eat it, but the boric acid will really kill silverfish bugs. Some find this very helpful because often time’s silverfish will take boric acid house to their nests to give to eat their babies, which kills them as well. Remember boric acid should be kept away from kids and pets
Herbs – Herbs such as rosemary, sage and bay leaves help to repel silverfish. You can make little baggies with a mixture of herbs and store them around areas you find silverfish.
Diatomaceous earth – This is a powdery substance that is non-toxic to humans and pets. It is not suggested to inhale diatomaceous earth. Diatomaceous earth causes silverfish, along with other insects, to become dehydrated and exterminate them. Sprinkle some around any silverfish-ridden places.
Table salt – Sprinkle some regular table salt around areas you may find silverfish. The salt will cause the silverfish bugs to become dehydrated and will exterminate them.
Cedar shavings – Cedar is an organic insect repellent that will help prevent silverfish and moths as well. Silverfish are said to dislike the odor of cedar shavings, so sprinkling these in the region of the house may help to keep away silverfish bugs.
Homemade silverfish traps
There are some different traps you can make at house to help catch silverfish. These items are usually found around the house and can be made very easily.
Jar trap – Using a clean, empty canning jar, cover the outside with masking tape. The tape will help the silverfish to climb into the jar. Use bits of old paper, cotton balls or dried cereal as bait. Once the silverfish fall into the jar, they cannot escape because of the smooth surface of the jar. This is often why silverfish are found in sinks and bathtubs. You may also fill the jar with a little bit of soapy water.
Newspaper trap – Using moist newspaper can attract silverfish bugs. This technique can be a little tricky, as you need to catch the silverfish within the newspapers before they feed and go away. Once you have caught a few silverfish in the wet newspaper, throw the newspaper away, if possible outside. You may want to consider burning the paper aw well, but this is not necessary.
If these methods are failed to eliminate silverfish, then you can hire a Brisbane Pest Control company.
My name is Michel Marsin and i work full time as a freelance writer, editor former social worker. I am passionate about writing articles on diffrent topics and and now I'm currently working for removalists services.
Business Articles1. Printing Inks Marketglobal Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities, And Market Fo
2. Foldable Display Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities
3. Adipic Acid Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities, And Market
Author: Akash DADHICH
4. How To Enhance Your Business Communication By Doing Less
Author: John Rufus
5. Soccer And Heel Pain In Children
6. Keep On Moving With Advanced Podiatry
7. Fungal Nails Laser
8. Barrier Packaging Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities
9. Common Dog Vaccinations You Must Know About
Author: Reshma Mane
10. Automotive Wiring Harness Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities,
11. Tips To Save Money On A New Office Fitout
Author: David Vincent
12. Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring Devices Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Grow
13. Importance Of Database In Different Corporate Industries
Author: Best DataProvider
14. Understand Real Advantage Of Using Bearing For Industry
15. Actinic Keratosis Treatment Marketglobal Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities