ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Shore Power Connections How To Inspect An Outlet
HOW TO INSPECT AN OUTLET
Faulty shore power connections are one of the leading causes of marine fires. It’s important to always keep a close eye on the condition of your connections and to take the necessary safety precautions.
Do A Safety Check Often
It’s time to update and replace your electrical connection if you notice any of the following:
Signs of Melting or Discoloration
Don’t ignore any signs of burning or melting. This is a red flag something is overheating and needs to be addressed before it leads to fire. Be sure to inspect your inlet and plug, as well as the inlet on the dock.
Have you ever dropped your shore power cord into the water, shook it off, then plugged in any way? We’ve likely all done it at one point As the water dries out, salt crystals remain and cause corrosion. Corrosion in the electrical circuit will lead to overheating and potentially fire.
It’s imperative to maintain a solid connection between your cord plug and inlet. If the connection is loose, motion can cause the plug to move and compromise the connection which can lead to overheating and potentially fire. A loose connection also leaves your plug open to the elements which can lead to corrosion, overheating and more.
Before you head out to start the boating season, make sure to carefully inspect your boat and shore power connection. If it’s time for a replacement, check out SmartPlug. SmartPlug offers a full lineup of marine products which are safe, easy to use, and most importantly –secure. If you have questions, feel free to contact our team here.
For more info visit here: https://smartplug.com/
Smart Plug Systems is a privately held manufacturing firm specializing in power delivery systems. It was founded in 2007 and is located in Seattle, WA. Its flagship product, the SmartPlug, is a patented device positioned to replace the current power delivery system for RV’s, Boats, and a variety of specialty vehicles and miscellaneous industrial applications.
Automobiles Articles1. Signs That Your Caravan Needs Repair!
Author: Ryan Bulluss
2. Ride Your Bike Wearing Novelty Motorcycle Helmets
Author: Steven Miller
3. Preparing Your Caravan For A Road Trip!
Author: Ryan Bulluss
4. Buy Sidemarker Led Lighting From Diode Dynamics
Author: Tara Bloch
5. Why We Insist On Cash For Cars?
Author: Luna Charlotte
6. How To Get The Solution For Your Old Vehicles
Author: Lachlan Ruth
7. Experienced Car Mechanic Makes All The Difference
Author: Oliver Mertin
8. What Are The Symptoms Of A Bad Clock Spring?
Author: Hamish Crotty
9. What Do You Want To Do With The Harley Davidson Chopper? Buy It Or Sell It
Author: Levi Fysh
10. Different Ways To Make Sure About The Driving School In Marrickville
Author: Nicholas Manchee
11. Why Long Term Parking In Perth Airport Is Safe?
Author: Ava M Williams
12. Student Car Loans: How To Prepare For Your First Car Purchase?
Author: Rock Watson
13. Use Mens Leather Motorcycle Jackets For Better Look
Author: Ricardo Rios
14. Auto Repair Diagnostic Sheets To Speed Up Auto Repair
Author: Mark Josesh
15. The Best Service Of Clear Film Removal At Jln Overspray