ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Shore Power Connections How To Inspect An Outlet
Total Articles: 14
HOW TO INSPECT AN OUTLET
Faulty shore power connections are one of the leading causes of marine fires. It’s important to always keep a close eye on the condition of your connections and to take the necessary safety precautions.
Do A Safety Check Often
It’s time to update and replace your electrical connection if you notice any of the following:
Signs of Melting or Discoloration
Don’t ignore any signs of burning or melting. This is a red flag something is overheating and needs to be addressed before it leads to fire. Be sure to inspect your inlet and plug, as well as the inlet on the dock.
Have you ever dropped your shore power cord into the water, shook it off, then plugged in any way? We’ve likely all done it at one point As the water dries out, salt crystals remain and cause corrosion. Corrosion in the electrical circuit will lead to overheating and potentially fire.
It’s imperative to maintain a solid connection between your cord plug and inlet. If the connection is loose, motion can cause the plug to move and compromise the connection which can lead to overheating and potentially fire. A loose connection also leaves your plug open to the elements which can lead to corrosion, overheating and more.
Before you head out to start the boating season, make sure to carefully inspect your boat and shore power connection. If it’s time for a replacement, check out SmartPlug. SmartPlug offers a full lineup of marine products which are safe, easy to use, and most importantly –secure. If you have questions, feel free to contact our team here.
For more info visit here: https://smartplug.com/
Smart Plug Systems is a privately held manufacturing firm specializing in power delivery systems. It was founded in 2007 and is located in Seattle, WA. Its flagship product, the SmartPlug, is a patented device positioned to replace the current power delivery system for RV’s, Boats, and a variety of specialty vehicles and miscellaneous industrial applications.
Automobiles Articles1. Freedom Wheels: Essential Guide To Purchase A Car On The 4th Of July
Author: Wiliams Orchard
2. How Serious Is A Cracked Windscreen? And Should I Consider Windshield Repair Or Replacement?
Author: Sam Lampasona
3. Finding Right Classic Car Rental Near Me
Author: Mark Hale
4. Comfortable Stratford Airport Taxi- Find The Reliable Service Provider
5. Renting Your Own London Gatwick Airport Taxi
6. 4 Steps To Take Before You Scrap Your Junk Car
Author: Jackson Harris
7. Automotive Washer System Market Expand At The Fastest Cagr Of 3% During The Forecast Period 2019-
Author: Research Report Insights
8. 3 Ways To Ensure A Safe Ride With A Gps Tracker
Author: Unknown Member
9. Adding Car Stereo Installation To Your Auto Shop
Author: Justin Gabriel
10. Know The Ultimate Impacts Of Collision Repairs Calgary
Author: Rudys Auto Refinishing Collision
11. Auto Repairs: How To Check Out Any Local Garage
Author: Rickey Gregg
12. How To Find Car Shop And Car Repairing Services In Glenview
Author: Kim Jordan
13. How To Take Care Of Your New Car
Author: Joe Fowler
14. Best Areas To Install Security Cameras At Home
Author: Gary Smith
15. Things To Look Before You Purchase Or Hire Box Trailer In Yorkshire
Author: Emma Denton