ALL >> Service >> View Article
What Causes Circuit Breaker To Trip Often?
Total Articles: 3
Circuit breakers that trip frequently may be annoying, but it actually trips to protect the circuit from overheating due to excessive power. In fact, a circuit breaker acts as a barrier that helps prevent electrical appliance failure and fires. A circuit breaker cuts of the power supply when excessive current is detected. Most of the modern circuit breakers have two independent tripping mechanisms called thermal and magnetic tripping, and it is designed to act to a different type of fault.
However, here are the most common causes of a tripped circuit breaker and let’s take a look into them one by one.
This is one of the most common causes of a tripped breaker, and it happens when you run too many devices on the same circuit at the same time. When the demand or load on the circuit increases it trips to prevent the circuit from overheating. With little work, you can identify the issue. Before you flip the trip back on, find out what was running when the breaker tripped.
If you notice any of your appliances are running too hot, making a strange noise and having trouble starting or not working properly, a faulty appliance draws more amps than usual that cause the circuit overload and get tripped. Turn off the devices on the circuit to reduce the overload. If any of these things don’t help you resolve the issue, you may need to have Toowoomba electrician install a new circuit to handle your home’s amp load.
A dangerous potential cause of circuit breaker trip is a short circuit. It is caused when active or hot wires touch another hot or a neutral wire in one of your outlets. This result in a huge current flow creating more heat than the circuit could handle. A short circuit will cause a breaker to trip or a fuse to blow and it may also cause sparks, popping sounds or even smoke. You may notice the outlet is blackening or burnt smell. If this happens, call the electrician Toowoomba immediately.
What causes a short circuit? There are many potential culprits including loose wires, improper wiring, and damaged devices. Short circuits are a fire hazard, so don’t wait let the Toowoomba electrician check on it.
It is similar to a short circuit but occurs when a hot wire touches the grounding wire. You may notice discolouration or burnt smell around the outlet. They are usually caused due to the malfunctioning or damaged equipment. They are also dangerous so fix them quickly.
The author is a reputed Electrical contractor in Toowoomba. Along with a team of professionals, he provides cutting edge electrical solutions. Visit https://st8wideelectrical.com.au/ for more details.
Service Articles1. 5 Hacks To Make A Mobile App Winning In Its Domain
Author: Alex Forsyth
2. Automated Car Parking Systems A Historical Review
Author: Wohr Parking
3. Ios Application Development Company
4. Expert Painting Service To Achieve The Interior Paint Job Of Your Dreams
Author: Steve Johnson
5. The New Scope For Business Process Outsourcing Services
Author: John Perez
6. Apartment End Of Lease Cleaning Services Melbourne - Muhaini
Author: Muhaini Cleaning Services
7. Best Web Hosting Services In Lahore, Pakistan
Author: marketing 92
8. Complete Maintenance For Fitness Equipment Repair Services
Author: John Oliwer
9. Welding And Custom Aluminum Fabrication In Fort Myers, Florida
Author: Danny Mitchell
10. What Can You Expect Moving To St. Vincent?
Author: Ms Denise Jackson
11. Reduce Dust Effects From Products By Anti Dust Coating
Author: Protexion Services
12. 5 Smart Magento Development Trends In 2019
Author: Jonathan Paul
13. Why Is Green Light Flashing On Sharp Roku Tv Remote?
Author: Robert Smith
14. Visa Agent In Ahmedabad, Visa Consultancy In Ahmedabad | Golden Future
Author: Rahul Sheth
15. Increase Your Security With Ssl
Author: Aparna Thakur