ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
How To Drive Your New Peugeot 3008 In Wet Weather
Total Articles: 28
The Peugeot 3008 compact crossover is a fantastic family car that’s packed with safety features. However, no matter how good your car is, it’s always harder to drive in the rain. When you’re driving in wet weather every decision becomes more important, visibility is impaired, and you may not have all the grip that you’re used to. In this article, we will offer some expert advice on how to drive safely in wet weather.
Prepare Your Car
The first thing that you need to do is to make sure that your tyres are ready for wet weather conditions. The tyre is the only point of contact with the road, and if they don’t have adequate tread, they are useless. Many drivers believe that their tyre tread is used to grip the road, but it’s actually used to displace water away from the tyre to allow the necessary road grip to occur. When the tyre tread is compromised, the tyre cannot displace enough water, and you may experience an aquaplaning situation. This is when the car actually lifts from the surface of the road on a sheet of water. The steering goes loose, and all you can do is keep the steering wheel in a straight line and gradually slow down as you wait for the tyres to reconnect with the road surface.
Mentally Prepare Yourself
Driving in wet conditions can be a real mental test if you’re not prepared for the task ahead. An enormous amount of concentration is required to anticipate the actions of other drivers in the rain and control your own car. The amount of grip may be lessened, and this will make the vehicle harder to control. Maintaining focus for a prolonged period of time is difficult, so take regular breaks when you can to stay sharp.
Keep Your Eyes on the Road
The speed limits are set for a maximum level, and you’re expected to drive to the local road conditions. When it’s raining, you need to slow down and allow for more room between your car and the car ahead of you. The braking distance will be less than you may be used to and it will be harder to come to a complete stop in an emergency. Take your time and set off earlier if you can to relieve some of the time pressure that you might experience on a regular driving trip.
Drizzle Can be Deadly
Even a light drizzle can be dangerous, especially after a period when there has been no rain for a long time. A road surface can quickly accumulate a thin film of oil and other debris that washed across the surface during even light rain storms. In no time at all, you may start to notice that you have far less grip than you should have and this can lead to a car accident.
If you’re in the market for the latest Peugeot 3008 2019 models, get in touch with Perth City Peugeot to arrange your no obligation test drive today
Automobiles Articles1. Freedom Wheels: Essential Guide To Purchase A Car On The 4th Of July
Author: Wiliams Orchard
2. How Serious Is A Cracked Windscreen? And Should I Consider Windshield Repair Or Replacement?
Author: Sam Lampasona
3. Finding Right Classic Car Rental Near Me
Author: Mark Hale
4. Comfortable Stratford Airport Taxi- Find The Reliable Service Provider
5. Renting Your Own London Gatwick Airport Taxi
6. 4 Steps To Take Before You Scrap Your Junk Car
Author: Jackson Harris
7. Automotive Washer System Market Expand At The Fastest Cagr Of 3% During The Forecast Period 2019-
Author: Research Report Insights
8. 3 Ways To Ensure A Safe Ride With A Gps Tracker
Author: Unknown Member
9. Adding Car Stereo Installation To Your Auto Shop
Author: Justin Gabriel
10. Know The Ultimate Impacts Of Collision Repairs Calgary
Author: Rudys Auto Refinishing Collision
11. Auto Repairs: How To Check Out Any Local Garage
Author: Rickey Gregg
12. How To Find Car Shop And Car Repairing Services In Glenview
Author: Kim Jordan
13. How To Take Care Of Your New Car
Author: Joe Fowler
14. Best Areas To Install Security Cameras At Home
Author: Gary Smith
15. Things To Look Before You Purchase Or Hire Box Trailer In Yorkshire
Author: Emma Denton