ALL >> Investing---Finance >> View Article
7 Best Investment Options To Consider In India
It is imperative to invest your money in the right financial instrument to increase wealth. If you do not make the right investment decision at an appropriate time, then you are missing out to increase your potential earnings. However, not every investment guarantees decent returns. But if you take the call on time, the potential to gain wealth is higher than not investing at all.
There are several options available in the market today, right from mutual fund to equity shares to public provident fund (PPF) and so forth. Let us learn about these options in detail to assist you make an informed decision:
1) Public Provident Fund (PPF): PPF is one of the most popular investment schemes that not just offers fund protection but also guaranteed returns that are completely exempted from taxes. The minimum amount you can invest in a year is INR 500 and the maximum can go up to INR 1.5 lakh. You also have the facility to avail loan between third and sixth year. The PPF interest rates are high in comparison to fixed and recurring deposits. The Government manages all PPF accounts in India.
2) Mutual funds: Another preferred investment option is mutual funds. It is a pool of money accumulated from a group of investors. They are later invested in bonds, shares, and other money market instruments. A fund manager takes the call on behalf of the investors here. There is a mutual fund scheme catering to the needs of the investors such as equity, debt, hybrid funds and each of their sub-type like large-cap, small-cap mutual funds, ELSS funds, and so on.
3) Equity shares: They are the source of funds for any organisation as it offers voting rights and claims to the investors. The shares are expressed on face value, issue price, market value, etc. in equities. You have chances of earning higher returns which is twice or thrice higher than your capital. But the risks levels are equally high.
4) Real estate: Buying or selling properties/land is the safest bet in India. It is the best investment option that is sure to provide you great profit over time. It is also a great partner in your wealth building strategy if you can invest a good sum. But when you opt for real estate, consider other aspects like charges and terms.
5) Gold ETF: They offer transparency and are well-suited for starters and small investors. ETFs are better than traditional gold investment because of the following reasons:
• There is adulteration
• Held in electronic form
• Can track investments real-time
• Offers high liquidity
6) Post office schemes: If you are looking for an investment option with short lock-in period, then post office schemes are ideal. The monthly income scheme of Indian postal services is the safest way to park your money. They also offer high returns without any risk involved. The returns are in the form of fixed monthly income.
7) ULIP: It is a financial instrument that facilitates investment in equities and bonds, at the same time providing protection. It is an integrated plan where a portion of investments go towards stocks and bonds as chosen by the individual and the remaining is considered as life insurance cover. ULIPs have a risk element to them.
Swarali Chavan is an investment banker by profession. She has spent considerable time researching on investment options in India. She has listed the 7 best investment options available in the country
Investing / Finance Articles1. Hiring An Asset Management Company In India
Author: Avendus Group
2. What Is Derivatives Market
3. Why A Personal Loan Can Be Beneficial For Your Home Remodeling
Author: Diksha Sharma
4. Us Tax Returns Advantages For Reducing Tax Liabilities
Author: Berkley Josh
5. Notice U/s 148- Income Escaping Assessment
Author: AKT Associates
6. Roles Of Investment Banking Companies In India
7. The Use Of Margin Calculators In F&o Trading
Author: Maithili Pawar
8. Financial Management During Business Downfall
Author: EFL India
9. All You Need To Know About Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme
Author: Atish Nair
10. Important Things Everyone Should Know About Litecoin
Author: Ripple Coin News
11. Mutual Funds In India You Can Use To Make Money
Author: Shashank Pawar
12. Short-term Or Long-term Investment Plans - Which One Works Best For Me?
Author: Shashank Pawar
13. A Comprehensive Guide To Mutual Fund Investments
Author: Shashank Pawar
14. Everything You Need To Know About Equity Market
Author: Nirav Desai
15. Us Expat Tax Help Uk Is Now Offered To Clients By Professional Tax Advisors!
Author: Olga Ilyina