ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
The Philosophy Of Proteins, Carbs & Fats
Macronutrients are the main nutrients that make up the lovely food we consume. There are three, types of macronutrients i.e. Carbs, Proteins & Fats. When you think of the word “Carbohydrates”, it include nutritious foods such as fruit, dairy and legumes as well as foods with less nutritional value such as biscuits, cakes and lollies. Protein is must for building, maintaining, and repairing the tissues in our body. Fat is a source of energy (kilojoules) and is also used in our bodies as insulation to keep us warm, protection for our vital organs and to carry fat-soluble vitamins. Let’s see each of them in detail:
Carbohydrates also known as CARBS, include most of the food we eat. For example, fruits contain the carbohydrate named fructose and glucose, dairy has lactose, a potato has starch etc.
• When opting for carbohydrates in the form of bread, always make a choice for higher fiber and low GI options while selecting these products as they provide more nutritional value and keep children satisfied for longer.
• Starchy vegetables such as potato, corn, sweet potato and pumpkin all contain carbohydrates and are all nutrient-rich foods that include many other vitamins and minerals. Also, they’re a good source of fiber.
• Legumes are an excellent source of protein, B vitamins, iron and foliate. They include a low GI, keeping children fuller for longer. Examples of legumes include kidney beans, chickpeas and lentils.
• Eating fruit provides your body with not only just carbohydrates, but also the nutritional benefit of other vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber contained in the fruit.
• Dairy products are nutrient-rich contributing to high calcium and protein in our diet. Cakes, pastries, pies, donuts, chips, sweets, and all sugary drinks contain carbohydrate.
We need to eat healthy protein foods such as lean meat, poultry, fish, eggs, tofu, nuts, seeds and legumes/beans daily. This contains:
• Lean meat and poultry: iron, zinc and vitamin B12.
Only animal products naturally contain Vitamin B12.
• Fish and seafood: long chain omega 3 polyunsaturated fatty acids.
• Legumes: fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
• Nuts: healthy fats, fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
Though fats have been given a bad name, but they too are an important part of our diet.
Fats contains of two types, unsaturated and saturated fat. Both have very different effects on our health. When eaten in large amounts, all fats contribute the same amount of energy and can contribute to weight gain. They are:
Unsaturated fats also known as ‘healthy fats’ as they reduce heart disease and lower cholesterol levels. There are two types of polyunsaturated and monounsaturated.
o Monounsaturated fats are found in olive oil, canola oil, avocados and nuts.
o Polyunsaturated fats include omega-3 and omega-6 fats that have slightly different health benefits. Omega-3 fats are used in oily fish, eggs, linseed, walnuts and soybeans and have been shown to be protective against heart disease. Omega-6 fats are used in nuts, sunflower seeds, sunflower and sesame oil and margarine spreads.
Saturated fats also considered as ‘unhealthy fats’ contribute to high cholesterol levels and heart disease risk. Saturated fat is the primary type of fat generally found in milk, cream, butter, cheese, meat, palm oil and coconut oil.
So, we'll leave it there for you to make your own conclusions but probably best to file this under a win for eating a little less carbs and little more protein and fat. It's probably good for weight loss and blood pressure and the things that go along with that too.
best tiffin Service in pune,Online tiffin service in pune, order food online pune, dabba service in pune , pune tiffin service, catering services in pune,best catering services in pune,corporate catering,good caterers in pune,online catering services,tiffin service in pune,daily tiffin service in pune,tiffin service in kothrud,pune,tiffin delivery pune,dabba service in pune,online tiffin service in pune,greensoul kitchens
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. Popular Mexican Foods To Try In Mexican Restaurants
Author: Anna Toledo
2. Best Burger Shop In Chennai | Burgers Restaurant In Chennai
3. Keto Cheesecake Pops | The Keto Kit Cookbook
Author: Stephanie Pedersen
4. His Sativa Heavy Hybrid Is A Cross Between Blue Dream And 3c Majestic 12
Author: Mohammed Abshire
5. Handmade Cookies Manufacturers And Suppliers-eminent Global
6. Advantages Of Booking Food Delivery Services In Advance During Your Tour
Author: Mark Sheldon
7. Some Vital Points To Remember Before Choosing An Indian Restaurant Abroad
Author: Mark Sheldon
8. Indian Cuisine- Its Variety And Global Amalgamation
Author: Anup Agrawal
9. The Fantastic Father's Day Present
Author: Jeeny pat
10. Handmade Cookies Dealers In Uae- Eminent-global
11. 7 Perfect Appliances For College Students
Author: Isabella Whitmore
12. Why Pizzas Are The Perfect Compromise For Vegetarians And Non-vegetarians
Author: Simon Fadous
13. Ellens Restaurant In Dallas
14. Handmade Cookie Delivery Online With- Eminent Global
15. Royal Thai Restaurant In Dallas