ALL >> Computers >> View Article
How To Wipe Your Windows Pc Hard Drive
Some of the Windows computers come with a system recovery disc or already have in-built recovery processes on the hard disk drive. You can restore and reset your computer hard drive to remove problems with the system programs which includes corrupted and malicious files in Windows. Here’s how to wipe your computer hard drive.
Steps to Wipe the Hard Drive on Windows 10
• Go to the Start menu.
• Choose the Settings button.
• Choose the Update and security option located in the Settings option.
• Choose the Recovery button given in the left-hand navigation bar.
• Press on the Get Started option provided in the “Reset this PC” column.
• Click on the Keep my files or Remove everything button in case you to wipe your computer hard drive.
• Go through the on-screen prompts to start the recovery procedure.
Steps to Wipe the Hard Drive on Windows 8
• Click on the Windows and C keys together to launch the Windows Charms.
• Tap on the Search button.
• Enter reinstall in the search box.
• Make sure that you don’t click on the Enter button.
• Choose the Settings button.
• Choose the Remove everything and reinstall Windows option located on the left-hand column of the display.
• Tap on the Next button located on the “Reset your PC” display.
• Choose the Just remove my files option provided on the “Do you want to fully clean your drive” display.
• Otherwise, you can choose the Fully clean the drive option to remove all the files stored on the hard drive.
• Press on the Reset option given on the “Ready to reset your PC” display.
Steps to Wipe the Hard Drive on Windows 7 and Vista
• You need to place the Windows 7 or Vista installation DVD in the system DVD drive.
• Start the system again.
• After getting the “Press any key to boot from CD” option, you have to click a button given on the system keyboard.
• Tap on the Enter button located at the Windows Setup display.
• Click on any button given on the system keyboard.
• Choose the language and other details mentioned on the “Install Windows” webpage.
• After that, tap on the Next button.
• Go through the terms and conditions given on the License Agreement webpage.
• Press on the Next option.
• Select the Custom button provided on the Installation Type display.
• Click on the Drive Options button.
• You need to remove all the partitions on a hard drive for the Disk 0.
• Tap on the Disk 0.
• Click on the Next button.
Aida Martin is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, she has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.
IT expert having deep knowledge about PC antivirus products. Mainly researching and writing blogs.
Computers Articles1. 5 Methods To Fix The Powerpoint File Size Problem
Author: Aida Martin
2. How To Repair Internet Explorer By Removing Malware On Your Updated System?
3. Obtaining Assistance Through Alternate Sources Of Printer Support
Author: murphy felicia
4. Affordable Ways Of Getting Good Features In A Website
Author: Jack Oram
5. How To Record And Edit Slow-motion Video On Your Iphone?
6. How To Record A Facetime Call On The Iphone Or Macbook?
7. What Is Best Free Crm Software In India Actually Used For?
8. Mantravy - Think Big Do Big
Author: komali sudha
9. Laptop Cooling Pad Reviews
Author: Jhon robinson
10. Acronis True Image 2020 Replicates Local Backups In The Cloud
Author: Maria Kurganova
11. Cell Phone Repair Abbotsford
Author: One stop Wireless
12. Preparation Material For Sap Certified Integration Associate - Sap Successfactors For Employee Centr
Author: Eliza Baker Dixon
13. Why Hybrid Softswitch Solution Is Perfect For The Providers?
14. A Guide On Mobile Sip Dialer And Top 2 Reasons To Use It
Author: sandip Patel
15. How To Fix Error Code 0xc00000e9 In Windows 10?
Author: How to Fix Error Code 0xc00000e9 in Windows 10?