ALL >> Computers >> View Article
How To Temporarily Disconnect From The Internet
Total Articles: 75
Do you desire to turn off internet connectivity for some time? Is your child going to use the computer but you don’t want them to access the internet? Well, this can be done easily. Let’s check out the process of temporarily disconnecting from the internet.
Steps to disable firewall access for Windows program
• Open the Control Panel menu. Tap on the “Windows” button or the “Start” symbol and after that, press on the “Control Panel” option.
• In case you are the user of Windows 8, then place the mouse cursor up to the upper right side of the display and the “charm bar” will appear on the desktop.
• After that, tap on the “Control Panel” option.
• Additionally, keep pressing on the Windows and C buttons together and after that, press on the “Settings” option.
• Go to the Security Center option given in the Control Panel window.
• Go to the settings option of your Windows Firewall.
Press on the “Exceptions” option.
Unselect the software for which you wish to disconnect from the internet.
Press on the OK button.
• You need to launch the software. After removing the mark from the software, it will not be able to use the Windows security firewall, and this means this software is disconnected from the internet. But all the other software are still connected to the internet.
Steps to disable a Specific Connection in Windows PC
• Open the Control Panel window. Press on the Windows button and Start symbol together and after that, press on the “Control Panel” option.
• For the Windows 8 users, they have to put the cursor to the upper right column of the display.
• Now, You will get the “charm bar” option on the display.
• After that, tap on the Control Panel window.
• Otherwise, long press on the Windows and C keys together.
• Then, tap on the Settings button.
• Go to the “Network and Sharing Center” option. Below the Network and Internet option in case you get it by category, then press on the Network settings and network adapters option.
• After that, tap on the “View network status and tasks” button.
• In case you get the Network and Sharing option by symbols, then press on the “Network and Sharing Center” button.
• You need to left-click to the bookmark.
• After that, choose the Wi-Fi network.
• You have to disconnect all the Wi-Fi networks.
• You should use the parental control program.
Source :- http://norton-norton.uk/how-to-temporarily-disconnect-from-the-internet/
Related article :-
Kellie minton arrived on the cyber security scene in the early 2000s when virus and malware were still new and slowly evolving. Her longtime affair with writing with an interest in the cybersecurity industry, combined with her IT degree, has contributed to experience several aspects of security suite industry such as blogging at norton.com/setup.
I am a Blogger and Designer .My interests range from technology to design. I am also interested in programming and education. visit :- https://www-mcafee-activate.com/ | https://mcafee-activate.me/ | https://how-to-setup.org/ |https://mfoffice.org/|https://macfeeactivate.com/
Computers Articles1. Top 5 Android Battery Apps Available In 2019
2. What Is Network Solution And How It Is Useful For Small Business
Author: Shireesha Yerla
3. Brother Printer Support
Author: David Dobrik
4. Computer Repair Service Providers In Hyderabad
Author: Pankaj Maharaja
5. How Hardware As A Service Is Changing The Real Business World
6. How To Fix Excel Document Not Saved Error
Author: Aida Martin
7. Pinky Yadav Fashion & Lifestyle Blogger India
8. Snmp Simulator Works Like The Real Snmp Agents
Author: Gambit Communications
9. Selenium Automation - Tech Trainers Online
Author: munendra singh
10. We're Occurring An Exploration For The Technology
Author: Matthew Oliver
11. Seven Features You Need To Look For When Selecting The Cheapest Exchange Archiving Solution
Author: Frank Bower
12. Ifcloud Makes It Simple For Users To Store And Share Their Content On The Cloud.
13. Regain Control Over Your Data With A Privacy-first Web Browser
Author: Alexis Norris
14. Key Reasons That You Should Switch Over To Voip Phone Service
Author: Frank Bower
15. Rfid Warehouse Management
Author: Brilliant info