ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
5 Benefits Of Climbing Frames For Kids
Total Articles: 6
Climbing frames are a great way to introduce physical activity to your kids in the comfort of your own home. Aside from ensuring that you can keep an eye on them when they are engaging in physical activities, climbing frames can also be turned into a fun and effective bonding time with your children. That said, here are a few more benefits climbing frames can bring to your child's overall growth and development.
1. Improved Coordination and Motor Skills
Climbing frames are not just for fun. While they are made to seem that way, climbing frames are designed to test and improve a child's coordination and motor skills. According to a study on climbing conducted by Carla Gull, Suzanne Levenson and Tricia Rosengarten of the University of Phoenix, climbing activities help a child with hand-eye coordination and body awareness. It develops their dexterity and reassures trust and belief in their body.
2. Developed Problem-Solving
As noted in the same study, problem-solving is one of the most significant benefits of introducing climbing activities to children. Since climbing frames are made to introduce several challenges depending on their makeup, kids are encouraged to think and use their imagination to get out of tricky situations which helps develop their problem-solving skills.
3. Risk Assessment
Many risks come with climbing activities. From falling to breaking a bone, it can be difficult to ignore the risks associated with climbing. However, the study has proven that the benefits of climbing outweigh its risks. To further reiterate this point, children who are engaged in climbing activities are more adept in assessing risks and adjusting to stressful situations. This is because climbing frames are created to ensure a controlled environment wherein your children can explore the many possibilities and solutions to different situations.
4. Social Skills
While this may be circumstantial, climbing frames can be a great reason for children to play at home with their friends and classmates while also helping them understand the value of taking turns, empathy and the importance of community.
Resiliency is a characteristic that is difficult to introduce to children. It is not understood through mere conversation but in everyday activity and life lessons. By introducing climbing, children develop a can-do attitude which helps them navigate around difficult challenges that climbing frames may have presented in front of them.
These benefits are only a few of the many advantages of having a climbing frame installed for your child. However, keep in mind that your support is also vital in ensuring these traits in your kids. For example, whenever you might think that a situation is dangerous, ask your child how they feel first before jumping in and taking them away from what could be an essential lesson for them.
As your child grows, it is also essential that the challenges presented in front of them can adjust accordingly. At Growplay Monkey Bars, we pride ourselves of our vast collection of add-ons made to accommodate your child's varying interests. From a toddler swing to a weatherproof boxing bag and a netball ring, Growplay Monkey Bars provides you with the affordable option to customise your climbing frame the way you want.
Home and Garden Articles1. So Clean That It Sparkles!
Author: David Smith
2. Why It Is Necessary To Avail Upholstery Cleaning
Author: Jamie Fison
3. What Are The Benefits Of Building Regulation
Author: Garry Stacks
4. Different Roofing Styles Available In Port Lincoln
Author: Michael Gilmore
5. How To Decorate Modern Homes
Author: Taurus Inspro
6. Why You Should Select The Most Suitable Fence For Your House
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
7. What Are The Most Important Things Needed To Be Known About Roofing?
Author: Rick Lopez
8. Tips On Becoming A Successful Development Management Personality
Author: Adam Leworthy
9. Know How To Avail The Services Of A Carpet Cleaning Company
Author: Archer Greville
10. Reasons To Appoint A Building Inspector And Necessary Qualification Required
Author: Callum Soul
11. 3 Different Types Of Tile Wedges That Are Used To Set Tiles On The Floor
Author: Hayden Ryrie
12. How To Choose The Right Wood Splitter For You
Author: Michael Foley
13. Choose The Perfect Bedroom Wardrobe In Just Easy 4 Step.
Author: Regalo Kitchen
14. How To Create Cozy Bedrooms With Stools And Benches From Worlds Away
Author: Robert Berry
15. What Are The Important Options Regarding The Waterproofing Basement Walls?
Author: Rick Lopez