ALL >> Education >> View Article
Selenium Features, Limitations, Tools
• Selenium is an open supply and portable web testing Framework.
• Selenium IDE provides a playback and record feature for authoring tests without the necessity to learn a test scripting language.
• It is considered as the leading cloud-based testing platform that helps testers to record their actions and export them as a reusable script with a simple-to-understand and easy-to-use interface.
• Selenium supports varied operative systems, browsers and programming languages. Following is the list:
• Operating Systems: android, iOS, Windows, Linux, Mac, Solaris.
• Browsers: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, web someone, Edge, Opera, Safari, etc.
• It also supports parallel test execution that reduces time and will increase the Selenium Training in Marathahalli efficiency of tests.
• Selenium can even be integrated with testing frameworks like TestNG for application testing and generating reports.
• Selenium needs fewer resources as compared to different automation ...
... test tools.
• WebDriver API has been indulged in selenium that is one of the most important modifications done to selenium.
• Selenium web driver doesn't need server installation, check scripts act directly with the browser.
• Selenium commands are classified in terms of various classes that create it easier to grasp and implement.
• Se remote control (RC) in conjunction with WebDriver API is known as Selenium 2.0. This version was designed to support the colorful sites and Ajax.
• Selenium doesn't support automation testing for desktop applications.
• Selenium needs high ability sets so as to modify tests a lot of effectively.
• Since Se is open source software, you have to rely on community forums to get your technical problems resolved.
• We can’t perform automation tests on web services like SOAP or REST using Se.
• We ought to know at least one of the supported programming languages to make tests scripts in Se WebDriver.
• It doesn't have inherent Object Repository like UTF/QTP to take care of objects/elements in centralized location. However, we will overcome this limitation using Page Object Model.
• Selenium doesn't have any built-in reporting capability; you've got to rely on plug-ins like JUnit and TestNG for test reports.
• It isn't possible to perform testing on pictures. We need to integrate Se with Sikuli for image based testing.
• Creating test environment in Se takes longer as compared to vendor tools like UFT, RFT, Silk test, etc.
• No one is responsible for new features usage; they'll or might not work properly.
• Selenium doesn't give any test tool integration for test Management.
Selenium’s Tool Suite
Selenium isn't simply a single tool however a collection of software’s, each with a special approach to support automation testing. It includes of 4 major elements that include:
1. selenium Integrated Development environment (IDE)
2. selenium remote control (Now Deprecated)
4. selenium Grid
1. Se Integrated Development surroundings (IDE)
Selenium IDE is enforced as Firefox extension that provides record and playback practicality on test scripts. It permits testers to export recorded scripts in several languages like HTML, Java, Ruby, RSpec, Python, C#, JUnit and TestNG. You’ll use these exported script in Se RC or Webdriver.
2. Se remote control
Selenium RC (officially deprecated by selenium) permits testers to put in writing machine-driven web application UI test in any of the supported programming languages. It also involves an HTTP proxy server that permits the browser to believe that the web application being Selenium Training In Marathahalli with placement tested comes from the domain provided by proxy server.
3. Se WebDriver
Selenium WebDriver (Selenium 2) is that the successor to Se RC and is by far the most necessary part of Se Suite. Se WebDriver provides a programming interface to form and execute test cases. Test scripts are written so as to spot web components on sites and so desired actions are performed on those components.
Selenium WebDriver performs a lot of faster as compared to Se RC because it makes direct calls to the web browsers. RC on the opposite hand wants an RC server to interact with the web browser.
Since, WebDriver directly calls the ways of various browsers therefore we've got separate driver for every browser. Some of the foremost wide used web drivers include:
• Mozilla Firefox Driver (Gecko Driver)
• Google Chrome Driver
• Internet explorer Driver
• Opera Driver
• Safari Driver
• HTML Unit Driver (a special headless driver)
4. Se Grid
Selenium Grid is also an important part of Se Suite that allows us to run our tests on totally different machines against different browsers in parallel. In simple words, we can run our tests at the same time on different machines running different browsers and operating systems.
The Hub is taken into account as master of the network and the alternative is the nodes. Hub controls the execution of test scripts on varied nodes of the network.
Education Articles1. Digital Marketing Trends That Are Going To Die In India In 2022
Author: Piyush Shukala
2. Risk Factors & Symptoms Of Colon Cancer & Best Treatment For Colon Cancer
Author: Dr G Vamshi Krishna Reddy
3. Benefits Of Polytechnic Diploma After 10th?
Author: Shelly Rathi
4. Top 5 Directions Through Which Reality Capture Has Transformed The Construction Industry
5. Why Driving School And Instructors Are Important To Learn Driving
Author: Safe Driving School
6. Benefits Of Studying Bba And Bca
7. Most Employable Courses In Usa For International Students
8. How To Choose The Right Civil Engineering Course
Author: Garry Taylor
9. Tips To Pass Pgmp Certification Part 2
10. 7 Ways To Be More Innovative And Creative For Your Organization
Author: Pankaj Deshpande
11. Why C Programming Is Important To Learn?
Author: Shelly Rathi
12. Top Healing Classes By Neetu Jha – Expert Healer | Call Now
Author: PUSHPA VIVEKA HEALING HOME
13. Best Integrated Mba Colleges In Odisha, India
Author: RCEM Orissa
14. Mba College In Bhubaneswar
Author: RCEM Orissa
15. Find The Best Integrated Mba Colleges In Bhubaneswar
Author: RCEM Orissa