ALL >> Business >> View Article
Kerala Tops The List Of Leading Cities For Growth In Indian Hospitality
The Indian hospitality industry, spearheaded by the hotel market, has emerged as one of the primary sectors which are driving the economic growth of the country. In India, hotels are classified based on location (city hotels, airport motels, resorts, etc.), level of service (upscale, mid-market, and economy), and themes (boutique hotels, heritage hotels, etc.)
The hotel industry in India is expected to reach a value of INR 1,210.87 Bn by the end of 2023, expanding at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of ~13% during the 2018-2023 period, owing to the high arrival rate of foreign tourists and business delegates. In 2018, the major hotel brands operating in India were Marriott International, The Indian Hotels Company Limited (including brand Ginger), Radisson Hotel Group, ITC Hotels, Accor Hotels, Hyatt Hotels, Sarovar Hotels, Intercontinental Hotels Group, Lemon Tree Hotels, and Oberoi Hotels & Resorts. The occupancy rate (percentage of days for which rooms are booked in a given period) of the major hotels in India increased at a rate of ~65% between FY 2017 and FY 2018, due to increased demand from business and leisure travelers, and a slowdown in the addition of new hotel rooms across the country.
Market segment insights:
Kerala is anticipated to be the leading provider of hospitality services in the country, with a total of 440 approved hotels. Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan, and Tamil Nadu are the other states that make up the list of top five states with regard to hospitality services.
In terms of revenue sources for hotels, rooms have so far had the largest share. In FY 2017, on an average, ~53.6% of the total revenue of Indian hotels came from rooms, followed by food and beverages, and banquet services. Demand for hotel rooms is high across the country, owing to increased business-related and leisure travel.
• Hotel owners are adopting the latest marketing practices through social media, which prove to be effective in generating exposure and higher volume of bookings.
• Hotel booking apps are being used increasingly by consumers since they are easy to handle and provide users with the most suitable options based on their requirements.
Key growth drivers of the market:
• During CY 2017, the total number of foreign tourist arrivals in India stood at 10.04 Mn and reached 6.75 Mn in January-August 2018, registering a YoY growth rate of 7.5%. An increase in the number of foreign tourists and international corporate travelers looking for business opportunities in the country is driving the growth of the hotel industry in India.
• The Indian government has allowed 100% foreign direct investment (FDI) in tourism construction projects, development of hotels, resorts, and recreational facilities. This will act as a driving force for the development of new hotels across the country.
Key deterrents to the growth of the market:
The implementation of the goods and services tax (GST) has helped customers of the hospitality industry with reduced expenditure, by harmonizing taxes and reducing business transaction costs. This, however, has turned out to be a disadvantage for hotel owners since the final cost that end users bear has decreased, thus reducing their profit margins.
• Bharat Hotels Limited (The Lalit)
• Hyatt Hotels and Resorts
• ITC Hotels
• Lemon Tree Hotels Limited
• Marriott Hotels India Private Limited
• Mayfair Hotels and Resorts Limited
• The Indian Hotels Company Limited
• The Leela
• The Oberoi Group
• The Park Hotels
Category: Travel and Tourism Market Research Reports
Browse full report@ https://www.aarkstore.com/hotels/1372838/hotel-industry-in-india-2018-2023
Order free sample request @ https://www.aarkstore.com/sample/1372838
More related reports
Hotel Industry in India (2018-2023)
Hotels & Motels Global Industry Almanac 2 2013-2022
Strategic Market Intelligence: Insurance Industry in Bolivia - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2022
Strategic Market Intelligence: Insurance Industry in Bhutan - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2022
Aarkstore Enterprise is among global marketing research companies dealing in the resale of market reports across different industries and countries. We help serve thousands of clients annually with syndicated, custom market research and consulting.
Phone: 91 - 998 729 5242
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/aarkstore-enterprise/
Aarkstore Enterprise provides businesses, start- ups, market research seekers and enthusiasts with all-inclusive yet exclusive market information encompassing a number of industry verticals. As a leading online market research reseller, Aarkstore acts as a platform for accessing statistics, forcasts, business insights, ideas, concepts and much more.
Business Articles1. What Is The Need To Digitize The Processes At Manufacturing Plants?
Author: radhika jain
2. Scoping Out The Best Franchise Opportunities In Canada – Here Is What You Need To Know
Author: Canadian Franchising Magazine
3. Printing Techniques Best Options To Get The Best Business Cards
Author: Vikram Kumar
4. Types Of Water Pumps And Their Use
Author: K V Gopalkrishna
5. Why Is Septic Tank Spring Maintenance Beneficial?
Author: Solo IT
6. Yacht Charter Companies Fort Lauderdale
7. How To Hire A Hacker
8. Ceramic Matrix Composites Market: Regional Analysis And Business Opportunity And Global Demand By Fo
Author: Market Research Future
9. The Benefits Of Blue Sapphire - Power & Significance Of Color
Author: Soli Sethi
10. Gartner Shows It’s A Long, Long Road For Blockchain Technology
Author: Nivya Desai
11. Various Work From Home Options
Author: The Yellow Coin Communication
12. Historia Clinica Web
13. Apollo Butterfly Valves
14. Translation Services In Visa Processing
Author: The Yellow Coin Communication
15. Seven Benefits Of Pflow Model M Vertical Lift System Suitable To Transport Large And Heavy Loads
Author: Overhead Door of Eastern New Jersey Commercial