ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Experience The Best Of Annapurna Base Camp Trek Only In 7 Days.
Total Articles: 76
If you have always been excited about undertaking a trek in Nepal but never had time for same, the
Annapurna Base Camp Trek can be your best bet. It is a short trek that can be comfortably wrapped up in an unbelievable 7 days!
The Annapurna Base Camp is 13,550 feet in altitude and some of the major attractions of the trek include Ghandruk and Chhomrong village, the natural hot spring Jhinu, and Machhapuchhre, the famous fishtail mountain apart from the Annapurna Base Camp itself that is placed at an altitude of 4130 m.
The 7 days long Annapurna base camp trek starts from Kimche which takes a three-hour drive from Pokhara and an hour trek to the Ghandruk village that also happens to be a major attraction of the trek. It is a beautiful trail that is enveloped in lush green forests and passes through Ghandruk and Chhomrong Gurung villages that are a traditional beauty. After reaching these villages, you need to follow the Modi Khola until you reach Hinku cave which is in the form of a large rock that seems to be overhanging.
Post this, the lush green forests are left to thin vegetation and the gorge keeps narrowing until it comes down to a mere hundred meters. Machhapuchhre, the virgin fishtail mountain is now clearly visible towards the right of the sanctuary.
It is now time to enter the Annapurna Sanctuary where you will be wooed by spectacular glimpses of Annapurna I, Annapurna South, Annapurna III, Himchuli, Tent Peak, Barahi Shikhar, Glacier Dom, Singachuli, Gangapurna, and Machhapuchhre.
The Annapurna Base Camp is surrounded by snowcapped mountains and yields a mesmerizing view that you will remember a lifetime. It is time then to descend to Pokhara via the natural hot spring Jhinu.
Major Attractions of the trek
• The Annapurna Base Camp at 4130 meters remains the highest point of the trek.
• The natural hot spring-Jhinu
• The traditional villages—Gurung, Ghandruk and Chhomrong.
• The Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP)
• Other peaks such as Annapurna I, Annapurna III and Annapurna South, Machhapuchhre, Himchuli, Barahi Shikhar, Glacier Dom, and Gangapurna.
Some facts about the trek
The highest elevation that one reaches the trek is 4130 meters or 13,550 feet which is the Annapurna base camp itself. It is a tea house trek which means the trekkers can comfortably stay in different lodges that are spread across the trail.
The trek can be comfortably completed in 7 days with 4 to 7 hours of trekking every day. The starting point of the trip is Kathmandu while it ends at Nayapul. Since the trek is an easy and short one, a lot of trekkers undertake to complete it solo.
The best time to take up the Annapurna Base Camp is either the spring or the autumn season in Nepal. The spring lasts from April to May and autumn lasts from October to November. The spring season is pre-monsoon while autumn is regarded as pre-winter time. These are perfect times to trek since the weather is only mildly hot during the day time and the evening temperatures vary mostly on the altitude that you are trekking. The absence of rains makes the day dry and clear which is not just safe but perfect for hiking as well.
Whether you are trekking solo or not, do not forget to get travel insurance before you set out for the trek. When doing so, make sure that your insurance covers different activities that you undertake in Nepal while trekking.
Travel Articles1. Avail Al Falasi Airport Transfer Dubai Services For Comfortable Travel Experience
Author: Avail Al Falasi
2. To Apply For A Tourist Australian Visa For Filipinos - Australia Visa
Author: priya singh
3. Must To Do Water Activities For Couples Visiting Goa
Author: Unknown Member
4. Make The Most Of Your Time In Hollywood With This Inspiring Travel Guide
Author: Deepak Nangla
5. Here Is Everything You Need To Know About One Of The Adventurous Activities In Goa
Author: Here Is Everything You Need To Know About One Of T
6. Time To Say Goodbye To Two Bags For Your Yoga Session
Author: Jennifer Quinn
7. Know Everything About The Adventurous Scuba Diving In Goa
Author: Know Everything About The Adventurous Scuba Diving
8. Romantic Things To Do In Europe
Author: Maaz Aga
9. Why A Memorable Trekking Tour Can Have A Lifelong Relishing Experience
Author: Christian Sheean
10. Try Out These Unbeatable Things To Do At The Popular Beaches Of Goa
Author: Try Out These Unbeatable Things To Do At The Popul
11. 5 Things To Consider While Booking A Hotel In Dursley
Author: Amery Ortego
12. Reach The End Of Your Lifetime Reverie While Being Exposed To Yacht Rental Dubai
Author: neptuneyachts dubai
13. Chennai To Shirdi Flight Pakcage
Author: Sri Sairam Subhayatra
14. Short Trek And Hike Near Kathmandu
Author: Rajesh Thapaliya
15. Roatan Island Tours – Discover The Beautiful Caribbean In Your Next Trip
Author: jeffrie johnson