ALL >> Health >> View Article
10 Most Common Dental Problems
Total Articles: 1
One of the most common health advice we all have heard from a very young age is probably to ‘ take good care of your teeth’. As simple as it sounds, caring for our teeth is vial for the overall well being of our entire body. Poor oral hygiene can lead to several dental problems ranging from minor ones to the most severe ones. Here we list down 10 of the most frequently observed dental issues in our patients.
1. Halitosis or Bad breath: Here is the most common and most embarrassing oral problem that people face. The cause for this could range anywhere from bacterial built up, cavity to gum disease or oral cancer. Regular brushing, flossing and use of medicated mouthwash will eliminate bad breath. If it still persists, you should visit your dentist once.
2. Tooth decay: decaying tooth is something we commonly observe in our patients. Some remnants of the food we eat is left on the surface of our teeth and form plaque over a period of time. Poor brushing habit do not clean such plaque leading to tooth decay. Along with good home care, it is ideal to visit your dentist twice a year for cleanup.
3. Mouth sores or ulcers: these are one of those painful oral problems we have seen in patients. Canker sores, cold sores, ulcers and fever blisters can be treated with over the counter topical ointments and oral gels. If they do not get healed within a week or two, you should have your dentist take a look at them.
4. Gum disease: as simple as it sounds, gum disease or periodontal disease is the main case for tooth loss and is connected with heart attacks or stroke. It is commonly seen in patients who are in their 50s and older. A regular examination by the dentist can identify the symptoms in their early states and provide appropriate treatment.
5. Stained or discoloured teeth: As much people like pearly white teeth, many of them struggle with stains and discolouration of teeth. The unpleasant stains can be caused by excessive consumption of tea, coffee, smoking, prolonged illness or particular medication. Cosmetic dentistry can offer lasting teeth whitening solutions helping people gain back their beautiful smile.
6. Teeth sensitivity: The sudden sharp sensation in your teeth when you eat something hot or cold or sweet is called sensitivity. The root cause could be any one of these - tooth decay, fractured tooth or enamel loss. We advise installing a crown or surgical gum grafting to relieve sensitivity. One should also switch to fluoride rich toothpaste to subsite the sensation.
7. Bruxism or teeth grinding: Commonly caused by anxiety,stress or sleep disorder, teeth grinding can lead to several health issues. It could be the root cause for toothache, headache, fractured teeth or sore jaws. A mouth guard is what we recommend to be worn while you sleep to protect your teeth.
8. Enamel erosion: the hard outer surface of our teeth is a natural protective layer called enamel. Although its is hard enough to last for a lifetime, due to extensive consumption of starches and acids, it gets eroded. Once it is lost, the natural enamel can not be replaced. Thus precaution should be taken to protect it by using fluoride toothpaste, medicated mouthwash and regular flossing.
9. Crooked or misaligned teeth: crooked teeth or gap between teeth is not only unpleasant to look at but can also lead to more serious oral problems. Orthodontists use braces, aligners and retainers to straighten one’s teeth and give them a proper shape. One can also use veneers or bonding to cover up the gaps between your teeth and make your bite look beautiful.
10. Toothache: the sharp and constant pain in or around your tooth can be quite irritating. You might even experience swelling, severe headache or a fever due to the pain. The reasons for your toothache could be many, including abscessed tooth, gum infection, a damaged filling or something even more serious. Pay a quick visit to the dentist to identify the cause and get relief from the terrifying pain.
These common dental problems can wreck a havoc in your life if they are left untreated. But with proper home care and regular visits to the dentist, you can find immediate relief. Even the most severe causes for these dental issues can be addressed with the latest dental treatments. Help is at hand if you visit your dentist in time.
Health Articles1. Does Chiropractic Care Help With Lower Back Pain?
Author: james franklin
2. A Knockout Story - Teeth
Author: Pooja Agrawal
3. Do You Need That Anti Anxiety/antidepressant Pill - Freedom Age
Author: Dr Kalpana Shekhawat
4. What Is The Difference Between Porcelain Veneers And Dental Bonding?
Author: James Franklin
5. Detoxification, Remove Toxins For A Healthier You
Author: Tanu Bhatthacharya
6. Understand The Benefits Of Using Posture Corrector
7. Points To Consider When Purchasing Tampons
Author: Harleen Kaur
8. How To Get Certified Nursing Assistant Training?
Author: Andrew Scott
9. Probiotics Feel Good From The Inside
Author: Tanu Bhatthacharya
10. 4 Benefits Of Dental Crowns In Three River, Michigan
Author: Paul M. Blank, D.D.S.
11. Get Simple Treatment Just As Simple Installment Techniques
Author: Gabriel Evan
12. Improve Mental And Physical Health With Yoga
Author: Yoga With Amit
13. Find Out Right Yoga Teacher Training Course In Vietnam
Author: Yoga With Amit
14. Soft Tissue Repair Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities, And Mar
15. Smart Bandages Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities, And Market