ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
When Should You Upgrade Your Electrical Panel?
Total Articles: 2
Electricity is something we tend to take for granted and many people forget just how dangerous it can be. By law, you are not allowed to do your own wiring. When buying a building it’s important to first have it checked by a Commercial Electrician on the Gold Coast to make sure it is safe and complies with all regulations. They have the knowledge and experience to ensure your building is safe and all the wiring is up to the standards of the local by-laws.
You need to upgrade your electrical panel and wring if:
- Your circuit breakers or safety switches frequently trip out
- You have the old style ceramic fuse holders
- You have any circuits that no longer provide power, either lighting or power outlets
- Any part of your electric panel, plugs or sockets feel warm or hot when you touch them
- There is any smell of burning or crackling sounds coming from any part of your wiring
- You need to use power strips or extension cords to connect all your electrical devices
- You are using multiple devices on single power outlets
- You have any extension cords connecting buildings
- If you have any two-pronged outlets, as these do not have earth wires
- If you have or are planning to extend the building and need new wiring installed
- If you have added any new devices that use lots of power, such as pumps, coolers or air conditioners
- Do any circuit breaker trip when you use devices such as electric heaters, kettles, hair dryers or high powered fans
- Your building is over 25 years old
- You think there may have been some DIY work done or work carried out by an unqualified electrician
- Any of your wiring is exposed, looks old or damaged
Around the Gold Coast at certain times of the year, severe storms are quite common, if any water gets inside it may damage your property’s wiring. Flooding, high winds and driving rain can make your wiring and electric panel dangerous, consider asking an Electrician on the Gold Coast to check the circuitry of your building after any heavy storms in your area.
Having a surge protector installed on your electrical system is a good way to help protect your property from electrical surges that could damage all your electrical appliances including TV, computers, sound systems, air conditions and refrigeration equipment. Safety switches can be installed on your electrical panel for each circuit by your local electrician on the Gold Coast.
In the event of storm or flooding damage, it is important not to touch any wires or appliances including wired in telephones, call a properly qualified Commercial Electrician on the Gold Coast, to check all your electrical connections and appliances.
If your power was disconnected during a flood or a severe storm you will need to contact your electrician and obtain a certificate showing that your premises have been checked before your power will be reconnected.
Being safe in your building is important and having any type of faulty wiring is a potential disaster waiting to happen. Having a commercial electrician check your wiring regularly will ensure the safety of all people in your building.
Home and Garden Articles1. What Are The Important Things Needed To Be Known Regarding The Waterproofing Or Dampproofing Coating
Author: Rick Lopez
2. 5 Benefits Of Metal Roof Insulation To Make Buildings More Durable
Author: Zac Fogg
3. A Guide To Understand The Importance Of Slip Resistance Testing
Author: Ray Stobbart
4. Common Landscaping Mistakes
5. Discover The Beauty And The Benefits Of Chipseal
Author: Sierra Solomon
6. Furniture That Completes Your Home
Author: Frankie Carle
7. How To Choose Commercial Hvac Contractors?
Author: Andrea Anibal
8. 3 Common Types Of Outdoor Patio Heaters
Author: Nathan Crowley
9. Is There Any Differences Between Roofing Contractors Vs. Roofer Vs. Roofing Company?
Author: Rick Lopez
10. Smart Technology For Providing Best Security Systems
Author: Jason Wyatt
11. The Functional Advantages Of Signage In Marketing Of Retail Businesses
Author: Jamie Austin
12. Know The Difference: Induction Cooktop & Electric Cooktop
13. Ways To Choose Emergency Plumbers In Los Angeles
Author: Bryson Kaleb
14. Common Anti Slip Floor Solutions For Homes And Offices
Author: Ray Stobbart
15. 3 Essential Cement Mixer Features You Should Consider Before Buying One
Author: Michael Foley