ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
A Brief 2019 Peugeot 5008 Suv Review
The 2019 Peugeot 5008 seven seater SUV has been out for a little while now, the reviews have been read and the car is available for sale. When an exciting new car is released, there is a great deal of hype to wade through, and it can be hard to see past the marketing to get an accurate review. In this brief review, we will take a look at what the new Peugeot 5008 is like to drive on a daily basis.
At a Glance
The Peugeot 5008 SUV is a well designed European styled seven seater with plenty of equipment fitted as standard. It’s powered by a 1.6L four cylinder turbocharged petrol engine that generates 121 kW of power and 240 Nm of torque. This power plant is paired with a six speed automatic transmission, and the fuel economy is 7.0L/100km combined. Thanks to the active and passive safety features the 5008 has a 5 star ANCAP safety rating.
Out on the Road
One of the best ways to evaluate any car is a lengthy road trip. Our roads have a knack for truly revealing what a car is all about. Any weaknesses are revealed, and any great features will soon be apparent for all to see. We took the 5008 on a 1,000km ...
... round trip for a day to find out what this stylish SUV is made of. Getting into the 5008 is like stepping into the future, the interior is ultra modern, and the space feels cavernous despite the cars smaller than expected footprint.
Driving off one would expect that the 1.6L engine is underpowered, but this isn’t the case, the turbocharging helps, and the 1,500kg kerb weight plays a big part. The 5008 is pulled along without any undue fuss, and the gear changes feel smooth and progressive. Once cruising speed on the highway is reached the four cylinder engine purrs along happily in a refined and entirely predictable manner.
If you’re new to the modern Peugeot cars, the ergonomics and control surfaces will be a real eye opener. The iCockpit system uses a touchscreen to control many of the 5008s functions, and the steering is far smaller than you may have imagined. There is a digital dashboard that gives the driver plenty of highly detailed feedback. The infotainment system is easy to navigate, and there are plenty of shortcuts to streamline the process even further.
The wind and road noise is kept to a bare minimum, and the level of refinement is not quite luxurious, but certainly at the prestige end of the spectrum. The seats are incredibly comfortable, there is plenty of cubby storage, and the driving view is unobscured. The fuel economy is admirable for an SUV of this type, and the turbo petrol engine runs on 95 Octane premium unleaded.
If you’re in the market for a new Peugeot 5008 SUV, get in touch with us here at Perth City Peugeot, we'd be happy to answer any of your queries or questions
Automobiles Articles1. Tips To Service Your Car For Cheap
Author: John Dalton
2. Do Online Auto Parts Come With A Warranty?
Author: Alex Coleman
3. Automotive Electronic Components- What Are They, & How Are They Different From Others?
Author: Charles Robinson
4. Different Types Of Driving Courses You Can Avail
Author: Nicholas Manchee
5. What Do You Learn From A Driving School?
Author: Nicholas Manchee
6. How To Be Sure Where To Purchase The Harley Parts From?
Author: Levi Fysh
7. Steps To Deal With A Car Breakdown In The Middle Of The Road!
Author: Hamish Crotty
8. Things That Make European Car Service The Best
Author: Oliver Mertin
9. Get Familiar With The Car Wash System In Brief
Author: Anthony Gellatly
10. Leaf Springs And Their Usefulness In Various Heavy Vehicles
11. Why Contact The Most Reputed Taxi Services Near You
Author: Elijah Peters
12. 5 Myths About Windscreen Replacement Debunked
Author: Anna Lampasona
13. Get More Autonomy And Freedom With Lightweight Travel Power Wheelchairs
Author: Steev Smeeth
14. Different Stages Of Ecu Tuning You Need To Know To Make The Right Choice For Your Car
Author: Jonathan Hughes
15. Solutions To 3 Common Wagon Storage Problems
Author: Edmund Brunetti