ALL >> Health >> View Article
Tried And Tested Solutions To Combat Cold Tooth Sensitivity
Total Articles: 1
Does eating frozen dessert or drinking cold drinks make your teeth hurt? Do you feel a sharp twinge in your teeth after being out in cold air? You could be experiencing cold tooth sensitivity, a common dental problem affecting people all over the world. Here’s what you can do for relief from the sensitivity.
The Reasons for Tooth Sensitivity
Before you get down to finding solutions, take a moment to understand why your tooth is sensitive to cold. It goes back to the soft, inner part of your tooth called dentin that lies under protective gums and enamel and has fluid filled tubules connecting to the nerve at the center of the tooth. Dentin can get exposed due to enamel wearing off or gums receding. Teeth grinding, overuse of teeth whitening treatments, overzealously brushing teeth, cracks in teeth and partaking highly acidic food or drinks can also lead to dentin getting exposed. When cold external stimuli come in contact with exposed dentin, it triggers a sharp sensation.
Make Simple Lifestyle Changes
Cold tooth sensitivity can be effectively managed on a daily basis by making certain lifestyle changes and using particular dental products. When sipping on cold drinks is a problem, try drinking through a straw. When you drink with a straw, the liquid bypasses teeth and is less likely to trigger a jolt of sensitivity. While eating frozen dessert such as ice-cream or sorbet, try licking the dessert instead of biting into it. When you bite into cold food, there’s direct contact with your teeth. But when you lick the cold food, you can avoid the contact and savour the dessert for longer.
Use a Good Anti-Sensitivity Toothpaste
If your tooth is sensitive to cold outdoor conditions, cover your mouth with a scarf when you go outside and breathe through your nose, not your mouth. This will prevent any cold gust of air getting inside your mouth and hurting your teeth. Use a specially formulated toothpaste for sensitive teeth – this effective, inexpensive solution is popularly recommended by dentists. Use a good branded product with proven effectiveness in reducing teeth sensitivity. Now-a-days, you have products that provide added benefits. Brush twice a day using the special toothpaste for teeth sensitivity and within weeks, you can get back to enjoying your favorite cold foods, drinks and activities.
Follow Good Oral Care Practices
The long-term strategy for managing cold tooth sensitivity is to follow a good oral hygiene routine. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush for brushing twice a day and follow it up with regular flossing. A good oral hygiene routine helps prevents tooth decay, enamel wear and receding gums. If tooth sensitivity persists for several days, consult a dentist for an accurate diagnosis – sometimes, problems like a tooth abscess or cavity can also lead to tooth sensitivity. It’s important to get a professional opinion and prompt treatment to prevent further deterioration.
For more useful tips, check with a dentist you trust or visit https://www.sensodyne.in
Health Articles1. Surgical Sealants And Adhesives Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth
2. Robotic Surgery Equipment Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities
3. Resistant Depression Treatment Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth
4. Radiation Dose Management Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities
5. Histopathology Services Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities, An
6. Cardiac Catheter Introducer Kits Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth
7. Blood Processing Equipment Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities
8. Anti-microbial Packaging Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities
9. Acute Myeloid Leukaemia Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities
10. Drug Of Abuse Testing Market Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities
11. Home Oral Care- An Essential Regime
Author: Pooja Agrawal
12. Drinking Iced Tea During Pregnancy: Is It Safe?
13. What Is Dental Implant Surgery?
Author: Dr. Lokesh
14. Treatment Options For Arthritis Pain
Author: Illinois Pain
15. Paracetamol Is Effective & Secure In Pain-relief (check This Out, Why)