ALL >> General >> View Article
“ghosting” Your Employer– An Increasing Trend
A recent Washington Post article about the increase of employees quitting without providing a two-week notice has many people talking. This increasing trend, called “ghosting” by many, isn’t something employers want to happen. But some employers worry about defamation lawsuits, if they share that an employee quit without notice, on an employee reference.
So what should you do if an employee does this to you? And are defamation lawsuits due to a negative reference something to be wary of? We asked employment law attorney Melissa Morales Fletcher of The Morales Firm, P.C. to provide us with some guidance on this.
“There are a number of reasons some employees do not provide advanced notice of their resignations such as medical illness, personal urgent family matters, or a hostile working environment. Employers are not likely to reveal that an employee may have been justified in resigning without notice.” stated Morales Fletcher.
And what about references? Are we vulnerable to litigation if we share what we believe to be the truth? She responded with, “Employers should be cautious when providing references or discussing former employees. It is best to disclose minimal information such as dates of employment and last rate of pay. Although some states have laws that protect such communications, providing too much information could give rise to a lawsuit that an employer will have to defend. There are ways an employer can encourage employees to provide advance notice of a resignation. Employers should consult with an employment lawyer in their state to discuss those options.”
While we hope this doesn’t happen to you and your firm, it’s always a good idea to know how to respond accordingly to a situation like this.
More Info: https://www.cowenlaw.com/
We focus on cases involving 18-wheelers and commercial vehicles, product liability, oil field accidents, and other cases involving death or catastrophic injury. For More Info : Visit Here : https://www.cowenlaw.com/
General Articles1. What Was The Main Reason Behind Baba Ramdev Sucess?
Author: aman ghanshala
2. Secret Sauce To Successful Newsletters
3. Parents Have Needs Too! Academics Is Lower Than You Think
4. Lean Into Small Parent Turnout! Starting Where You Are With Parent Engagement
5. Educating Is Hard. Let Parents Help!
6. The Gift Of Feedback
7. Tips For Pick Up And Drop Off
8. Future Of Matrimony Business In India
9. Junk Removal – Tips To Save Time And Money
Author: Dave Kocemba
10. Gemstone Evaluation Criteria And Classification Of Gemstones
Author: Saif Saiyed
11. Can You Buy A Tractor On Credit
Author: peter main
12. Vidalista 20 Mg Tadalafil | Buy Generic Cialis Online | Medsvilla
Author: Amy smith
13. Web Design Tips - How To Make Your Website Fruitful
Author: Yogendra Shinde
14. Trekking To Your Heart’s Core – Consider Annapurna Circuit Trek
Author: Amit Sinha
15. Types Of Fencing For Your Farm
Author: Danny Woodhams