ALL >> Health >> View Article
How To Breastfeed To The Surrogate-born Baby?
Total Articles: 50
Breastfeeding is very important for a new born baby for his/her nourishment. But in case of Surrogate-born bay, the first concern for any intended mother is how to breastfeed the baby. For this concern, doctors can suggest any of the suitable option to intended mother.
There are following two options to breastfeed the new born baby.
While it requires some advanced preparation, breastfeeding a surrogate-born baby is not much different from nursing any other new-born.
1. Breastfeed Using the Surrogate’s Breastmilk
For intended parents who feel strongly about the benefits of breastfeeding, one option is to use the surrogate’s breastmilk. Many surrogates are willing to continue pumping for up to six weeks following the birth of the baby. This milk can be used to feed the baby with a bottle or with the supplemental nursing system, allowing the infant to receive all of the same benefits of breastmilk regardless of whether the intended mother decides to breastfeed.
Surrogates are not required to pump, and those who choose to do so spend a considerable amount of time and energy pumping and shipping the milk to the intended family. Surrogates need to be compensated for their extended commitment to the intended family. Most agencies suggest including shipping costs and all of the supplies necessary to the process. If intended parents are interested in using surrogate’s breastmilk following the birth of the baby, this needs to be discussed, negotiated, and included in the legal contract prior to the embryo transfer.
2. Breastfeeding Process by Indented Mother
If intended mother is interested in breastfeeding the surrogate-born baby, it is very important to discuss it with doctor prior to the birth of baby. This process include start and stop necessary medications to induce lactation.
• By taking hormones: Months prior to the baby’s birth, the doctor can prescribe hormones (usually birth control pills). These hormones “trick” intended mother’s body into thinking that sheis pregnant, which is the leads to milk production.
• Replace the hormones with supplements and medications: Before the baby arrives, doctor advice to stop the birth control pill and recommends medications and herbal supplements that help promote milk production.
• Start pumping: When intended mother stop the hormones and begin taking milk-producing medications, she needs to use pumping that gradually increases the duration and frequency until she eventually starts producing milk. Following the doctor’s advice and induced lactation protocols, medication supply should gradually increased.
• Start nursing and supplement your milk: While it is possible to induce lactation, most women will not produce enough milk to fully sustain a baby on their own. Instead, many intended mothers use a Supplemental Nursing System (SNS) to ensure their babies are getting enough to eat. Simply pour supplemental milk into the SNS container and tape the tubes to mother’s chest.
It is important to remember that every mother’s breastfeeding experience is different. Breastfeeding, especially in the case of induced lactation, is not for everyone, whether the child is surrogate-born or not. There will be a learning curve, so the most important thing is to be patient and to talk with your doctor or other lactation consultant for guidance and support.
Dr. Shivani Sachdev Gour, Founder & Director of SCI Healthcare, SCI IVF is a state of the art fertility centre located in Kailash Colony, New Delhi.
Health Articles1. Male Organ Vitamin Cream: What Is It, Why A Man Should Use It, And What It Should Include.
Author: John Dugan
2. How To Get A Tele-appointment With Doctor In Pakistan For Arthritis Treatment
Author: Abigail Kane
3. Cardio Strike Is Not Only A Workout It’s Also Make Workout Fun
Author: Matt kelman
4. Immunotherapy By Dr. Ashok Vaid: New Hope For Cancer Treatment In India
Author: Lisa Resnick
5. Hair Loss Causes Treatment And Prevention
Author: Pioneer Hair Transplant
6. Why Tramadol And Tapentadol Are Considered Best Opioids For Pain Medications?
Author: Why Tramadol and Tapentadol are considered best op
7. Simple Guidance For You In Allergy Asthma Center In Kolkata.
Author: sagar painuly
8. Learn About Liposuction And Cosmetic Surgery
Author: Waseem Hameed Khan
9. How To Fix Your Smile With Cosmetic Dentistry Chermside
Author: Claudia Lamington
10. Buy Ultram 100mg Online Thru Overnight Shipping
Author: Buy Ultram 100mg online thru Overnight shipping
11. Which Treatment Is Best For Piles?
Author: Vithai Piles Hospital
12. Why Should You Choose The Origin Ivf Center ? Best Ivf Center In Gurgaon
Author: Origin Clinic
13. 7 Simple Ways To Cheer Up A Lonely Senior
Author: Andy Ratana
14. Calories Matter – If You Want To Avoid Obesity | Anti-inflammatory Education
Author: David Seaman
15. Why To Choose Tramadol Cash On Delivery Option?
Author: Buy Tramadols Online