ALL >> Hardware-Software >> View Article
Why Should Digital Assurance And Testing In Ecommerce Adopt New Technologies
To meet the challenges of a growing eCommerce segment such as building responsive applications, augmenting security and feedback mechanisms, and facilitating seamless customer interactions, enterprises have to adopt the right technology. Moreover, since security has acquired a new dimension with the growing number of cybersecurity challenges, digital assurance testing has acquired increased salience. In fact, driving better user experience through seamless navigation, attractive layouts and features, rich functionalities, and robust security measures forms the core objectives of businesses. Digital quality assurance in eCommerce helps in establishing brand equity and boost profitability.
Before delving into the details of how eCommerce can adopt new technologies with digital assurance testing, let us first understand the type of challenges the sector faces.
• Use of numerous third party modules related to payment and other functions.
• Presence of vulnerabilities leading to security breaches with payments gateways and user accounts.
• Striking a balance between attractive graphics and page load speed.
• Designers resorting to frequent changes in layouts or features.
• Frequent changes (additions, deletions, modifications) related to products and their menus.
• Compatibility of eCommerce site with various touchpoints – devices, browsers, operating systems, and networks.
• Cloud integration to store the database on products and users.
Ecommerce QA testing helps to overcome the above mentioned challenges covering multiple areas such as A/B testing, database, functionalities, usability, performance, security, and mobile responsiveness. The dynamic nature of eCommerce sites with frequent additions/deletions/modifications of products and design changes may lead to glitches spilling through and impacting the user experience negatively. To arrest such a possibility and ensure the users derive a seamless navigation, eCommerce software testing assumes significance. Ideally, the testers should follow the users’ journey and critically test the most visited areas and used features such as the home page, search filters, add to cart, payment gateways, and checkout.
New technologies or paradigms to be adopted by digital assurance testing
To enhance the user experience, eCommerce applications need to adopt innovative technologies and platforms such as Social, Mobile, Analytics, Cloud, Artificial Intelligence, and the Internet of Things. It is only through a robust eCommerce quality assurance exercise that a proper integration of the above mentioned technologies and platforms can be achieved and business value delivered.
# Cloud integration: The dynamic nature of an eCommerce website or application requires it to be scalable while possessing high page load speeds. Achieving these using in-house hardware systems may not be enough. This is where cloud based integration can achieve scalability and deliver the much needed digital experience to the users. However, cloud based integration should be tested for security, compatibility, agility, and performance.
# DevSecOps: Cybersecurity threat is a growing phenomenon faced by each and every enterprise operating in the digital ecosystem. However, its dimension enveloping eCommerce applications is particularly worrying given the latter’s interfacing with bank accounts, credit/debit cards, and digital wallets. This calls for creating a total security culture at all levels – development, testing, delivery and operations. The emphasis on security in the DevOps mould helps glitches, bugs, or malware to be identified and dealt with promptly in the SDLC and beyond.
# Test automation: The complexity of building and running an eCommerce application across device, platform, and network configurations necessitate the use of test automation. This aids in accelerating the build and test cycle, bringing efficiency, and reducing the effort of testers.
Running digital QA testing for eCommerce applications can help in saving time, effort, and cost, be it while developing the application or when the application is in use. This leads to the generation of good user experience and helps achieve ROI for the enterprise.
Hardware/Software Articles1. Role Of Dynamic 365 In Retail Business
Author: Shahzad Ali
2. Overview Of Online Space Rental Business
Author: my Jackson
3. Business Models For Your Online Dating Business
Author: Amy Jackson
4. Reasons Why You Need Preventive Maintenance Software For Your Organization?
Author: Rati Singh
5. Raspberry Pi Humanoid Robot Kit | Humanoid Robot Kit | Mini Humanoid Robot
Author: SB Components
6. Raspberry Pi 4, 3b+, 3, 2 Bumper Case - Clear
Author: Sb Components
7. Bulk Database Provider
8. How Sales Force Automation Can Assist In Growing Business For Fmcg Industries?
Author: Rati Bhanot
9. Why People Buy School Management Software System?
10. Why To Choose Dynamics 365 Over Other Business Enterprise Solutions?
Author: Shahzad Ali
11. Delivery Date Extension: Your Usp
Author: Maulik Shah
12. Dedicated Server Provider In Dubai, Uae
13. Data Mining Software
14. Top App Developers San Francisco
15. Web Development Company In Surat | Web Development Services
Author: Alpesh Vaghasiya