ALL >> Health >> View Article
10 Ways To Boost Your Metabolism
Total Articles: 14
Can You Make Your Metabolism Better?
Boosting metabolism is the holy grail of weight watchers everywhere, but however your body burns calories depends on several things. Men tend to burn additional calories than women, even while resting. And for most individuals, metabolism slows steadily after age 40. Here are 10 of them.
Your body constantly burns calories, even when you are doing nothing. This resting metabolic rate is way higher in individuals with lot of muscle. Every pound of muscle uses concerning 6 calories a day just to sustain itself, while each pound of fat burns only 2 calories every day. After a session of training, muscles are activated all over your body, raising your average daily metabolic rate.
Step Up Your Workout
Aerobic exercise might not build big muscles, but it can rev up your metabolism in the hours after a workout. High-intensity exercise delivers a bigger, longer rise in resting metabolic rate than moderate-intensity workouts.
Fuel Up With Water
Your body needs water to process calories. If you're even gently dehydrated, your metabolism may slow down. In one study, adults who drank 8 or more glasses of water a day burned more calories than those who drank four. To remain hydrated, drink a glass of water before every meal and snack.
Should You Try Energy Drinks?
Some ingredients in energy drinks might boost your metabolism. They sometimes have taurine, an amino acid. Taurine could speed up your metabolism and might burn fat.
Eating more often might help you lose weight. When you eat heavy meals with several hours in between, your metabolism slows down in between meals. Having a little meal or snack every 3 to 4 hours keeps your metabolism cranking, so you burn more calories over the course of a day.
Spice Up Your Meals
Spicy foods have natural chemicals that may kick your metabolism into the next gear. Cooking foods with a tablespoon of sliced red or green chili pepper can boost your metabolic rate. The result is probably temporary, but if you eat spicy foods often, the advantages may add up. For a fast boost, spice up pasta dishes, chili, and stews with red pepper flakes.
Power Up With Protein
Your body burns more calories digesting protein than it eating fat or carbohydrates. Good sources of protein are lean beef, turkey, fish, white meat chicken, tofu, nuts, beans, eggs, and low-fat dairy products.
Sip Some Black Coffee
If you are a coffee drinker, you likely to enjoy the energy and concentration perks. Taken in moderation, one of coffee's benefits might be a short-term rise in your metabolic rate. Caffeine might help you feel less tired and increase your endurance while you exercise.
Recharge With Green Tea
Drinking green tea offers the combined advantages of caffeine and catechins, substances shown to rev up the metabolism for a couple of hours. Research suggests that drinking two to four cups of either tea might push the body to burn 17% more calories during moderately intense exercise for a short time.
Avoid Crash Diets
Crash diets -- those involving eating fewer than 1,200 (if you're a woman) or 1,800 (if you're a man) calories a day -- are bad for anyone hoping to quicken their metabolism. Although these diets might help you drop pounds, that comes at the expense of excellent nutrition. But you can lose muscle, which in turn slows your metabolism. The final result's your body burns fewer calories and gains weight quicker than before the diet.
Health Articles1. Surgical Sealants And Adhesives Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth
2. Robotic Surgery Equipment Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities
3. Resistant Depression Treatment Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth
4. Radiation Dose Management Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities
5. Histopathology Services Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities, An
6. Cardiac Catheter Introducer Kits Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth
7. Blood Processing Equipment Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities
8. Anti-microbial Packaging Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities
9. Acute Myeloid Leukaemia Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities
10. Drug Of Abuse Testing Market Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities
11. Home Oral Care- An Essential Regime
Author: Pooja Agrawal
12. Drinking Iced Tea During Pregnancy: Is It Safe?
13. What Is Dental Implant Surgery?
Author: Dr. Lokesh
14. Treatment Options For Arthritis Pain
Author: Illinois Pain
15. Paracetamol Is Effective & Secure In Pain-relief (check This Out, Why)