ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
3 Safe Towing Tips For The Peugeot 3008
Total Articles: 28
If you’ve recently bought a new Peugeot 3008 or you haven’t yet looked into its deeper capabilities, you may be unaware that it’s a decent towing vehicle. The 3008, like certain other medium sized SUVs or crossovers, can tow a decent load, but many people are wary of towing and consider it to be too dangerous. There is some merit to this argument; if you don’t know how to tow safely, it can be a risky proposition for some drivers. In this article, we will present neophyte towing drivers with three top tips to tow safely.
1. Choose the Correct Towing Vehicle
We include this for non 3008 owners; the best towing cars are rear wheel or all wheel drive cars. Front wheel drive vehicles will always struggle to tow any type of load because the weight distribution of the towed load will always be pushed to the rear over and this would be away from the wheels supplying the necessary power. However, the good news for Peugeot 3008 drivers is that this able crossover is a decent towing vehicle with a towing limit of 1,500kg.
2. Understand the Figures
Now you know the towing capacity of the 3008, and the next thing you will need to know is the weight of the thing that you want to tow. It may be tempting to hitch that 1,500kg load to the 3008 and set off, but in the real world, things don’t work that way. It’s always a better idea to stay safe and give yourself a generous safety margin to work within. A good figure would be around 20% of the weight that you can carry, so in the case of the 3008, it’s a good idea to stick to a 1,200kg limit. This will make the load easier to handle on the road, and it will help you to deal with any wind or control issues that may crop up during the drive.
3. Drive Slow and Steady
When you tow a load, it will make the 3008 handle differently than you are used to during a regular drive. The total weight of the crossover plus the towed load will make braking more of a challenge and acceleration will be more sedate. If you know this in advance, you can adapt your driving style to this new driving paradigm easily. Towing a load will require you to drive in a more deliberate style and to think further ahead than you may be used to. This style of driving doesn’t lend itself well to sudden turns and rapid acceleration for overtaking purposes. Have a softer touch when you accelerate and brake whilst you’re towing, and you won’t have any nasty handling surprises. Check everything is secure before you set off and stick to familiar roads until you develop enough confidence.
If you’re interested in the new Peugeot 3008 model, call us at Perth City Peugeot, and we will be delighted to arrange a no obligation test drive for you today.
Automobiles Articles1. Best Mobile Service Center In Marathahalli
2. Why Is Essential To Have Frequent Servicing Of Harley Davidson
Author: Levi Fysh
3. 4 Things To Consider When You Search For Driving Instructors
Author: Nicholas Manchee
4. Various Services Provided By The Limousine Renting Agencies
Author: Xavier Philip
5. Know About The Importance Of Side Steps For Your Vehicle
Author: Hamish Crotty
6. Why To Hire Volkswagen Specialists For Your Vehicle?
Author: Oliver Mertin
7. How To Sell Your Junk Car Without Any Additional Condition
Author: Mitchell Govett
8. Two Major Services Provided By Car Removal Company
Author: Lachlan Ruth
9. Advantages Of Keeping Your Car At Perth Airport For A Longer Period
Author: Ava M Williams
10. Should You Repair Or Replace Your Windscreen?
Author: Sam Lampasona
11. What Are The Most Important Routine Car Services?
Author: Dav Sar
12. Go Digital While Using The Most Advanced Car Battery Tester!
Author: Chunnan Chen
13. Customize The Equipment Necessary For Food Trucks With Reputed Food Truck Builders
Author: Texas Cart Builder
14. Benefits Of Buying Truck Spare Part Online
Author: PS Truck Parts
15. Order Lots Of Spare Parts From Suppliers
Author: PS Truck Parts