ALL >> Health >> View Article
The New Treatment For Spinal Cord Injury Helps Patients To Get Back On Their Feet
Total Articles: 1
A spinal cord is a delicate tissue encased in the hard vertebrae of the spinal column. It transmits information between the different parts of the body and the brain. An injury to the spinal cord can result in paralysis, rendering the patient helpless for the rest of his life.
A spinal cord is made up of myriadvital nerve cells that carry important signals ‘to and fro’ form the brain to the body, allowing it to operate functions like sitting, running, breathing, etc. Mutilation to any part of the spinal cord or to the nerves at the end of the cord causes permanent instabilities in strength, responsiveness and the body functions beneath the place of injury.
‘The completeness’ or severity of the spinal injury are classified as follows:
• Complete: An injury is said to be complete if all sensory sensation and motor function are lost below the site of the injury.
• Incomplete: If there are some sensory function and motor function below the affected area, the injury is said to be incomplete.
The paralysis effect aftera spinal cord injury can be categorized as:
• Tetraplegia orquadriplegia: The patient’s arms, hands, legs, trunk and pelvic organs are affected.
• Paraplegia: Here the paralysis is complete that affects the legs, trunk and pelvic organs.
The team at NGBSI performs various tests to determine the neurological level of the injury before suggesting a suitable spinal cord injury treatment.
Stem cells treatment is a challenging new treatment for spinal cord injury that relies on stem cells to repair the damaged areas of a spinal cord. This reliable treatment varies according to the level of injuries in patients.Various physical tests, X-rays and MRIs along with other tests help to measure a patient's ability to move their arms and legs.
A stem cell treatment works best if initiated withina short time-frame after an injury.
After deciphering the severity of the injury, the doctors recommend a neural-regeneration therapy essential to repair and for the functional recovery of a spinal cord. The isolation of mesenchymal stem cells from the bone marrow aid in repairing the skeletal tissues, the regrowth of nerve fibres (axons) and in reconstructing tissue destruction (cysts and gliosis) at the site of injury. These multipotent stem cells (MSCs) are unique and a helpful new treatment for spinal cord injury where the patient’s own stem cells are employed to treat him.
The derived healthy stem cells are subjected to various treatments before they are fit for treating a spinal injury. An intrathecal injection using an epidural needle is used for the transplantation of cells. intrathecal injections are less invasive than intramedullary and are more preferred in therapies having a homing effect. The appropriate amount of stem cells, when implanted near the site of injury, move to the injured spinal cord area or the target site. They begin the wound healing process to automatically repair damaged areas. This spinal cord injury treatment is reliable for different patients with various levels of injury.
However, stem cell therapy for spinal cord injury solves challenges that are impossible for modern medicine to treat. Using stem cell therapy, promising results have been reported while showing a great progression for treating other incurable neuro-degenerative and nervous system disorders.
The author is an expert in the field of stem cell research & therapy. The writer has a flair for writing and she keeps on writing various articles and blogs related to the industry. She wrote this article to educate her readers about the various intricacies involved in stem cell treatment for autism. If you want to know more about stem cell treatment for spinal cord injury, feel free to click on active links.
Health Articles1. Does Chiropractic Care Help With Lower Back Pain?
Author: james franklin
2. A Knockout Story - Teeth
Author: Pooja Agrawal
3. Do You Need That Anti Anxiety/antidepressant Pill - Freedom Age
Author: Dr Kalpana Shekhawat
4. What Is The Difference Between Porcelain Veneers And Dental Bonding?
Author: James Franklin
5. Detoxification, Remove Toxins For A Healthier You
Author: Tanu Bhatthacharya
6. Understand The Benefits Of Using Posture Corrector
7. Points To Consider When Purchasing Tampons
Author: Harleen Kaur
8. How To Get Certified Nursing Assistant Training?
Author: Andrew Scott
9. Probiotics Feel Good From The Inside
Author: Tanu Bhatthacharya
10. 4 Benefits Of Dental Crowns In Three River, Michigan
Author: Paul M. Blank, D.D.S.
11. Get Simple Treatment Just As Simple Installment Techniques
Author: Gabriel Evan
12. Improve Mental And Physical Health With Yoga
Author: Yoga With Amit
13. Find Out Right Yoga Teacher Training Course In Vietnam
Author: Yoga With Amit
14. Soft Tissue Repair Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities, And Mar
15. Smart Bandages Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities, And Market