ALL >> Health >> View Article
How Medical Marijuana Edibles Works And Which Conditions It Treats !
Total Articles: 26
Medical marijuana edibles use the marijuana plant and its chemicals to treat health conditions and diseases. Basically, this is the same product as the more well-known recreational marijuana except it’s used for medicinal purposes. The cannabis plant has over 100 different chemicals called cannabinoids, with every one of them having a different effect on the human body. THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol) and CBD (cannabidiol) are the main chemicals used in medicine.
What Are Medical Marijuana Edibles Used For?
There are several conditions that can be treated with medical marijuana, including Alzheimer’s disease, cancer, Crohn’s disease, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, eating disorders, nausea, glaucoma, mental health disorders, and pain. More proof is still needed to show that medical edibles help with these diseases, but they’ve been shown to significantly reduce nausea, vomiting and chronic pain due to chemotherapy, and spasticity from multiple sclerosis.
How Do Medical Marijuana Edibles Help?
Cannabinoids are the active chemicals in medical cannabis edibles and are similar to the chemicals that the human body makes that are involved with pain, movement, memory and appetite. In recent years, numerous research studies have been done to determine the therapeutic effects among people suffering from cancer, multiple sclerosis and mental disorders. These studies suggest that cannabinoids might do the following:
● Control vomiting and nausea caused by chemotherapy
● Improve weight gain and stimulate appetite among patients with AIDS and cancer
● Reduce anxiety
● Relax muscles among patients with multiple sclerosis
● Relieve pain and reduce inflammation
● Slow tumor growth and kill cancer cells
Can Medical Marijuana Edibles Cure Seizures?
A few years ago, medical marijuana edibles garnered a lot of attention when a significant amount of parents reported that a special kind of the drug helped control the episodes of their children diagnosed with seizure disorders. The Food and Drug Administration recently approved Epidiolex, a drug made from CBD, as a therapy for patients with difficult and severe seizures. Research has shown that patients experience a significant drop in seizures after taking the drug.
Tips Before Trying Medical Marijuana Edibles
● Tell your healthcare provider about any supplements, vitamins, over-the-counter medications, and herbs you’re currently using, including medical marijuana.
● Know that CBD and THC are present in varying levels in various cannabis strains. Both of these chemicals offer different benefits.
● Do research to determine the best ratio of CBD and THC for your particular condition while controlling side effects. Some trial and error might be needed.
● Pick a medical marijuana dispensary you’re most comfortable in. Look for one with staff that can answer all your questions about the CBD and THC levels in their available strains.
Besides eating it in the form of edibles, medical marijuana can also be smoked, inhaled using a vaporizer, applied to the skin like oil or lotion, or dropped under the tongue as a liquid. How it’s taken is up to the user as each method has a different mechanism in the body. When smoked or vaped, the results come very quickly. On the other hand, when eaten, the high will take a while to happen, but its effects can last longer.
Health Articles1. Teeth Stains: What You Need To Know?
Author: Joshua Su
2. For What Reason Is The Interest For An Enhancement On The Ascent ?
Author: nancy smith
3. How Can I Order Tramadol Online In Cheapest Price?
Author: Best Pharmacy Market
4. How Do Supplements Affect Human Life?
5. When To Consult A Counsellor And Why
Author: Lewis Thornton
6. Benefits Of Taking Up Training In Reformer Pilates
Author: Holly Coane
7. Is Tapentadol 100mg Habit-forming As Tramadol 100mg Pills
Author: Is TapenTadol 100mg habit-forming as Tramadol 100m
8. Phases And Importance Of Hcg Diet Plan
9. Buy Tramadol 100 Mg Online With Cod | Tramadol Online No Prescription
Author: Buy Tramadol 100 MG Online with COD | Tramadol COD
10. Few Reasons To Get A Medical Marijuana Card Saint Petersburg, Florida
Author: kevin Joseph
11. Ayurvedic Treatment A Superlative Way To Relieve Nephrotic Syndrome
Author: Karma Ayurveda
12. Why To Incorporate Chinese Herbal Medicine In Daily Life
Author: Seth Aslatt
13. How Learning To Adapt To Disability Can Take Time And Courage
Author: Derry Hall
14. Dental Implants – All You Need To Know!
Author: Nisha Dhankhar
15. Why Is Botox Treatment Needed?
Author: Cosmetic Surgeon San Antonio