ALL >> Search-Engine-Optimization >> View Article
Boise App Design, Web Development And Seo Agency
Content Marketing: Content is King, Distribution is Queen
The phrase “content is king” in the context of internet marketing was coined by Bill Gates in January 1996. Google has since been a massive supporter of this philosophy. Since Google (used for the vast majority of all worldwide internet searches) and other popular search engines such as Bing and Yahoo base their algorithms around this fundamental concept, content creation should be the basis of any effective internet marketing strategy. There are several forms of content, including:
Images (i.e. gifs, jpeg photos)
Social media posts
If you aren’t producing content on a regular basis, you are less likely to get noticed by your target customers, let alone Google. However, much like book publishing, content creation would not be effective without proper distribution.
The Importance of Content Distribution
After all, the famous Harry Potter series would not have become the best selling book series of all time without massive distribution from its publisher, Bloomsbury, and the support of many other distribution sources. Of course, regardless of its distributors, readers worldwide would not have had such a positive reaction to the book series if it weren’t for the creative mind and extraordinary writing abilities of J.K. Rowling.
You don’t have to write like J.K. Rowling to create good content; but as you can see by this example, strong content and effective distribution go hand-in-hand. Good content is original content that grabs readers’ attention, provides them with helpful information in an organized manner and gives examples or resources to back up its claims. On the other hand, effective distribution involves actively engaging with your community through other websites, email, social media, or paid advertising. In fact, Google and other popular search engines have continuously encouraged websites to engage in proactive content distribution by placing a great importance on links. By doing so, Google is encouraging websites to engage with other websites and readers in order to obtain more links from credible sites.
Distribution Means Link-Building
Google’s Panda and Penguin algorithm updates are making this more apparent, as the search engine continues to place a higher importance on websites that have more “authority”. Website authority is measured based on several factors, namely the amount of credible sites that are linked to and from your website. Thus, the key to effective content distribution is link-building.
There are several different types of links, including:
Contextual & editorial links
Links from authentic reviews
.Edu & .Gov links
Natural mentions from online communities
Social media shares
There are generally three types of link-building strategies:
1. Natural link-building: creating interesting, informative and/or credible content that other websites and users want to link to (“link bait”).
2. Manual outreach: contacting other websites and asking for a link, usually by submitting a relative article or offering to link back to them in return.
3. Self-created: building your own links, usually gained by any of the following:
Blog user profiles
Forum comment links or signatures
As you can see, content marketing is focused on two fundamental areas: content creation and distribution (link-building). Thus, each one of the tasks performed for your website or business should be done with this information in mind.
Contact MetaPixel for a Free Website Audit and Consultation
If you’re tired of getting ripped off from big firms who don’t seem to care, or even tired of paying small change to freelancers with no results, email us today. At MetaPixel, we take pride in developing personal, long lasting relationships with our clients. Our prices are fair, and our results do the talking for us. Contact us by filling out the form below, or feel free to browse our website [https://metapixelboise.com] to learn more about us.
Search Engine Optimization Articles1. Why You Need Seo Services In Delhi For Your Business Growth
Author: Vipin Kumar
2. 5 Tips To Improve Google Search Ranking
Author: Albert Lee
3. Tips To Choose The Right Branding Agency
Author: Mario Henein
4. Ppc Advertising Needs To Be Part Of Your Online Toolbox
Author: Michelle Hummel
5. What Can Digital Marketing Agency Do For Your Business?
6. Beginner's Guide To Digital Marketing
Author: Nil Chahal
7. Top 5 Seo Tips For Better Rankings
Author: Mahi Kapoor
8. Best Digital Marketing Company With Opportunities For Business Growth
Author: clearpath infotech
9. Bangladesh Classified Sites
Author: preeti katiyar
10. How To Get Free Backlink From High Da Website
Author: Skill Making
11. You Need A Proficient Expert To Boost Your Online Business
Author: Anindya Bhaumik
12. Blockchain And Search Marketing - How Does These Both Correlate?
Author: Jordan Smith
13. How To Make Seo And Ux Design A Winning Combination
Author: Michelle Hummel
14. Seo For Startups: What Should Be Done To Build Your Online Presence
Author: Mario Sazos
15. 1digital Agency: The Shopify Seo Expert You Need
Author: Dan Kogan