ALL >> Travel >> View Article
The Majestic Muktinath Temple And Its Main Attractions
The Majestic Muktinath Temple and its main attractions
Muktinath is a majestic temple located in the snow-capped laps of the gigantic mountains of Nepal. The name Muktinath literally splits into ‘Mukti’ meaning ‘Salvation’ and ‘Nath’ meaning ‘God’. The Pagoda style temple falls on the route of the famous Annapurna Circuit trek and holds an equal religious reverence for Buddhists and Hindus alike. There is a mesmerizing secret associated with the temple-it is believed to be present on itself.
There are one hundred and eight Vaishnava shrines and the Muktinath Temple is one of them.
There are several ways of making it to the temple depending on the budget and the time available. While several pilgrims choose to walk all the way to the temple, there are convenient ways too-like flying from Pokhara to Jomsom and then taking a jeep to the temple. The famous muktinath tour can be easily customized depending on the need and the priorities of the people taking up the tour.
It is not just the Majestic temple that attracts millions of tourists every year. There are several attractions around the temple as well. Here, we tell you about some of the main attractions of the temple that are believed to complete the popular Muktinath tour.
Main attractions of the Temple
1. Mukti Dhara: In the complex at the backside of the Muktinath temple, there are 108 waterspouts shaped like bulls’ heads. The cold water from the Gandaki River has been directed to flow from these spouts. Taking a holy dip under these waters is believed to get salvation to the pilgrims. These waterspouts are known as the ‘Mukti Dhara’ and are one of the main attractions of the temple.
2. Jwala Mai Temple: The Jwala Mai Temple is another major attraction located towards the south of the famous temple. It is popular for three natural holy flames that burn continuously. It is Hindu belief that these were offered by Lord Brahma. Pilgrims who take up the Muktinath Tour do not miss the chance of visiting this temple.
3. Mukti Kunda: Right in front of the temple there are two water ponds called the Saraswati and Laxmi Kunda. It is believed that these ponds have holy waters and taking a dip in them can bring one salvation.
4. Shaligrama: Shaligrama is a black stone that is regarded as sacred and a symbol of Lord Vishnu. It is found in the Kali Gandaki River and is placed in the religious places or places where prayers are performed in a home.
5. Mharme Lha Khang Gompa: This one is a famous monastery, dedicated to Guru Rimpoche (often referred to as Padmasambhava). Present in the northern part of temple, the place is a must visit for the clay idols that are placed inside.
6. Swaminarayan: As the name suggests, the place is dedicated to Lord Swaminarayan, a Hindu spiritual leader who is believed to have practiced holy sacrament inside the temple for almost 2.5 months. For this reason, the place resonates peace and spirituality. Lord Swaminarayan is regarded as the creator of Sabij Yoga and is linked to the iconic muktinath temple.
7. Sri Murthy Mahatma: Another famous attraction near the temple is Sri Murthy Mahatma. The main attraction of the place is the fact that one can find all the five elements of life (earth, water, fire, sky, and air) at the same place.
So whether you visit the temple for religious purposes or as an attraction while on the famous trek route, do not miss these famous attractions that form the part of the temple as much as the temple itself!
https://www.weramblers.com We Ramblers is a leading Adventure Travel Provider in Bangalore, India organizes trips for all kind travel lovers and mostly adventure trips. As We Ramblers is a community that serves as a platform for the travel enthusiasts. Share your travel stories and meet budding travellers.
Travel Articles1. Things To Know Before Flying With Jetblue Airlines Reservations
Author: Chrish Smith
2. Car Rental In Chennai For Tourism
Author: Ellen Dares
3. Top Christmas Party Venues In Sydney You Shouldn’t Miss In 2020
Author: charlotte evelyn
4. Of Whales And Adventures: Thrilling Experiences You Shouldn’t Miss In Perth
Author: Olivia Angel Williams
5. Common Mistakes People Make When Hiring Airport Transfer Services
Author: James Spencer
6. Britannia Airport Cars Is Giving Cut Throat Competition At Heathrow Airport Transfer
Author: britannia airport
7. Britannia Airport Fulfill All The Parameter To Be The Best Choice Of Passengers At Gatwick Airport C
Author: britannia airport
8. Rolls Royce Wedding Car Sydney – Hire The Best Car For Your Wedding
Author: Prestige Hire
9. Watersports Activities In Dubai Make Your Trip Even More Enjoyable
Author: Mr Safnas
10. Hayber Cars Is Considered As A Cheapest Gatwick Airport Taxi
Author: tony smith
11. What To Expect With The Opening Of The Grand Egyptian Museum In 2020?
Author: Cliff Collins
12. Dehradun Taxi Service - Dehraduntaxiservices
13. Hayber Cars Counts Your Payment As Sorter You Travel For London Southend Airport Taxi
Author: tony smith
14. Popular Places In Sydney To Have A Thrilling Nye Celebration
Author: Harley Leon
15. Most Fun Sightseeing Tours In Sydney And Where You Can Find Them
Author: Evelyn Adam