ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Short Cycling In Air Conditioning Systems - Perth Expert Advice
When they think about air conditioning, Perth residents and business managers may come across the term short cycling. Short cycling can have a serious impact on your cooling performance and energy efficiency. This is a serious problem; if it’s left unattended, it can even damage your equipment leading to a repair or even an entire replacement. Let’s take a closer look at short cycling so that you can better understand the implications.
What is Short Cycling?
Short cycling occurs when your air conditioning system attempts to turn on and then it has to shut down again. It can be caused by a number of factors, but no matter the root cause it has to be fixed quickly to prevent severe damage to your equipment. Let’s take a closer look at some of the common causes of short cycling.
If an air conditioning system is not correctly sized for the size of the space, it can cause short cycling. Many people believe that “bigger is better” is an axiom for everything in life and that includes air conditioning. They believe that a larger air conditioner system will cool down a smaller space faster and this is incorrect. In fact, when an oversized unit is used, it can cool down a room too quickly, and this will result in a lack of dehumidifying. This will result in a space where the air feels damp and clammy. There will also be a wild swing in the temperature, and this can make areas in the home feel too cold or too hot (on a reverse cycle). The air conditioner will struggle to treat the air in your home, short cycling may occur as the unit cycles on and off quickly. This will wear out the motor and put unnecessary strain on the components.
Short Cycling Indicators
There are a number of issues that can occur when you have a short cycling problem.
Freezing and icing on evaporator coils: A buildup of ice on the evaporator coils in the outdoor compressor can be caused by a lack of refrigerant in the system. However, when ice does buildup in this area, it can lead to short cycling in the air conditioning system. This problem needs to be fixed by a professional HVAC technician.
A clogged air filter: An air conditioner requires a sufficient amount of air flow through the system. If there isn’t enough airflow, the system will have to work harder than it should, and this can lead to overheating. When an air conditioner overheats, it will automatically shut off, and this is a safety feature. If the air filter is extremely clogged, it’s quite common for short cycling to occur.
Thermostat issues: If the thermostat is malfunctioning this can create a short cycling problem. The thermostat acts as the brain of your air conditioner, and if it’s sending the wrong information that’s at odds to the real temperature it will cause the system to become confused, and it will shut down automatically.
If you’re searching for the best air conditioning Perth prices get in touch with Mouritz and check out our hot deals.
Home and Garden Articles1. Hidden Dangers Of Residual Soot After A Fire
Author: ServiceMaster Upstate
2. Sparkle Collection – Way To Cherish Luxurious Lifestyle
Author: Pramod Kumar
3. Suggestions That You Should Know When Decorating Your House's Internal
4. Pvc Aluminum Guttering Repair Services Can Bring Protection For Your Home!
Author: Joesph Burns
5. Enjoy Indoor Gardening With A Hydroponics System
Author: Anindya Bhaumik
6. Why The Hydroponic System Is Better Than Soil-based Gardening
Author: Anindya Bhaumik
7. 4 Tips To Locate The Best Washing Machine Repair Technician.
Author: Anu Walia
8. What Are The Benefits Of Availing Deep Cleaning Services?
Author: Ray Stobbart
9. How Customized Wallpaper Add Emotional Value To Your Home?
Author: Vishal Supali
10. Hydroponic Garden For Organic Food – The Best For Healthy Nourishment
Author: William Brown
11. Debunking The Common Myths Surrounding Composite Decking
Author: Bernard Wogan
12. Fetch Top Quality Water Damage Mitigation, Extraction And Drying Services
Author: Kathleen Daboush
13. Steps To Consider While Redesigning Your Garden Area
Author: Sumair Raza
14. Are Carpenter Ants Dangerous To Humans?
Author: Austin Baines
15. How Does Mold Affect Structural Integrity
Author: Lovejoy ServiceMaster