ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Tips To Obtain Workers’ Compensation For Workplace Violence
Did you know workplace violence is an act or threat of physical violence, harassment, intimidation, or other threatening disruptive behaviour that occurs at the work site? Reports also say that these acts are committed by persons who have no legitimate reason to be there, with no relationship to the employer or employees. Many instances of workplace violence are also committed by upset clients or customers, students or patients.
If a worker is injured while they are in the workplace, then they might be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits.
Positions that carry a greater risk are those occupations where a worker:
- Is responsible for money
- Works with dangerous or unstable groups
- Works in isolation
- Provides a service
- Works where alcohol is dispensed
- Works at more dangerous times or in areas that have a high crime rate
One must understand that every form of workplace violence allows you access to workers’ compensation, though you should always consult with an experienced workers’ compensation lawyers in Perth if you are unsure. If you are filing for a compensation, then you must be able to demonstrate that the violence you suffered was work-related. If the violent incident or threat of violence occurred in the context of a relationship between two co-workers or a superior and a subordinate employee, workers’ comp may be an option, as well as in cases of workplace violence involving service recipients.
Tips to Apply for Workers Compensation for Injuries Sustained by Workplace Violence
- Seek immediate medical attention for your injuries sustained by workplace violence
- Obtain the official documentation of the harm done
- Analyse the amount of cost spent
- Communicate with your employer about the injuries and how they came about
Do all the above things as soon as possible but no later than 30 days after the incident.
Criminal injury lawyers in Perth or hiring a personal injury law firm in Perth can also help you in this regard. They guide you throughout the process of applying worker’s compensation and ensure that you are treated fairly.
Many employers are hesitant to give their employees the compensation they need, even when it is apparent that the injuries and expenses occurred because of a co-worker, customer, or job-related duty.
The author of this article is one of the leading workers compensation lawyers in Perth with over 15 years of experience in practicing law. In this article, he shares some useful tips to apply for workers compensation for injuries sustained by workplace violence. Visit http://www.trewinnorman.com.au for more information.
Based in Perth’s Northern Suburbs, Trewin Norman and Co are a specialist practice offering legal advice and representation in all areas of personal injury law including motor vehicle accidents, workers’ compensation, public liability, criminal injuries compensation and superannuation claims. We will ensure the efficient processing of all aspects of your claim. Trewin Norman & Co have a friendly dedicated team who will assist you in understanding the claim process and ensure you receive your legal right to compensation. Please contact us for your obligation free consultation today. Call us @ (08) 9240 7722 or visit http://www.trewinnorman.com.au
Legal Articles1. Employee Protection Exceptions In Minneapolis, Minnesota
Author: J. Ashwin Madia
2. The Best Selection On Book Publishing Attorneys For Writers – Way To Feasible Agreement
Author: Addie Stewart
3. How Is Contract Challenges Among Broad Concerns For Publishing?
Author: Addie Stewart
4. What Does A Bad Faith Lawsuit And Why Should You Care?
5. Finding The Right Family Law Attorneys In Milwaukee Wi Is Not A Tough Task
Author: Magner & Hueneke
6. Major Benefits Of Hiring Criminal Lawyer In Uae
Author: Dr. Hassan Elhais
7. Do Fathers Have A Chance Of Winning Child Custody In Unmarried Couples?
Author: jos binoye
8. 7 Tips For Choosing A Divorce Attorney
Author: Stange Law Firm, PC
9. The Cooperation Of Coronavirus Attorney Anaheim
Author: The Morris Law Group
10. Beginners' Guide To Business Intelligence Tools
11. Divorce Lawyer
12. Common Roles And Duties Of Lawyers
Author: Lester Ong
13. The Best 10 Bail Bondsmen In Lee County, Fl
Author: Maria Perkins
14. How Do You Know The Right Attorney For Your Claim?
Author: Zane Norman
15. What Are The Benefits Of Best Online School Attendance Management System?
Author: saloni shah