ALL >> General >> View Article
Total Articles: 1
The Taj Mahal (/ˌtɑːdʒ məˈhɑːl, ˌtɑːʒ-/; Hindi: ताज महल [taːdʒ ˈmɛːɦ(ə)l], meaning "Crown of the Palaces") is an ivory-white marble mausoleum on the south bank of the Yamuna river in the Indian city of Agra. It was commissioned in 1632 by the Mughal emperor, Shah Jahan (reigned from 1628 to 1658), to house the tomb of his favourite wife, Mumtaz Mahal. It also houses the tomb of Shah Jahan, the builder. The tomb is the centerpiece of a 17-hectare (42-acre) complex, which includes a mosque and a guest house, and is set in formal gardens bounded on three sides by a crenellated wall.
Construction of the mausoleum was essentially completed in 1643 but work continued on other phases of the project for another 10 years. The Taj Mahal complex is believed to have been completed in its entirety in 1653 at a cost estimated at the time to be around 32 million rupees, which in 2015 would be approximately 52.8 billion rupees (U.S. $827 million). The construction project employed some 20,000 artisans under the guidance of a board of architects led by the court architect to the emperor, Ustad Ahmad Lahauri.
The Taj Mahal was designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1983 for being "the jewel of Muslim art in India and one of the universally admired masterpieces of the world's heritage". It is regarded by many as the best example of Mughal architecture and a symbol of India's rich history. The Taj Mahal attracts 7–8 million visitors a year and in 2007, it was declared a winner of the area.
General Articles1. Mobile Phone Pbx System
Author: Deepika Joshi
2. Matplotlib And Numpy Libraries In Python Language
Author: saketh varma
3. Why Students Should Pursue Mca After Graduation
Author: Namdev Alapure
4. Smax Sells The Most Popular E-liquid Online
Author: Anthony Le
5. Important Things To Consider Before Dental Braces
Author: Ross Tylor
6. Importance Of Fssai License For A Food Business Operator
Author: Kumar Ram
7. Smax Has The Most Flavorful E-juice For Sale
Author: Anthony Le
8. A Career In Fashion Designing? Here’s What Awaits You!
Author: Devika Merchant
9. 4 Important Reasons Why You Need A Divorce Lawyer
Author: Divorce Family Law Attorneys
Author: Bfit Doon
11. How Astrologer In New York Pandit Bhairav Can Make You Believe In Astrology?
12. Amberpet Leader-telangana
13. The Importance Of Signage In The Scope Of Retail Business Ventures
Author: Jamie Austin
14. Why Radio Is Still The Most Effective Advertising Medium?
Author: Excellent Publicity
15. Data Entry Services In Ahmedabad, Data Entry Company-universal Infowiz
Author: Arpit Shah