ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
3 Nissan Qashqai Battery Warning Signs
The Nissan Qashqai comes equipped with a wide selection of high quality kit, and that includes the humble car battery. However, like any component, a car battery can and will eventually fail, and it will need replacement. A car battery is a critical part; it’s used to start the car and supply power to the onboard electrical systems. In recent years we have started to see an increasing amount of electrical equipment fitted to cars, and this does place extra strain of the battery. If you don’t want to get stranded at the side of the road with a flat battery, here are three car battery warning signs to look out for.
1. The Silence of a Flat Battery
Your car battery can flat for a wide variety of reasons, such as faulty components, gradual aging, fuel system problems, an alternator failure, electrical drainage, and faulty connections. Some of these issues are temporary, one off problems that will be solved with a simple recharge and/or some minor maintenance. Others could be indicative of a full car battery failure and indicate that you need to source a new battery. That lack of sound or the grinding when trying to start a car with a flat battery is a clear indication that there is a problem to solve.
2. Concerning Jumps Starts
If you do have a flat car battery and you’re stranded at the side of the road, you could always get a jumpstart from a friendly fellow motorist. For this reason, it’s always a great idea to keep a set of jumper cables in your car for your own use and to help out other stranded drivers. However, if you notice that you seem to be jump starting the car a lot, it’s a sure sign that there is something wrong. There could be a problem with the alternator, and it isn’t charging the battery up as you drive. Or the car battery itself could be at fault, and it’s often easier simply to buy a new battery.
3. Examining a Car Battery
It’s a good idea to lift up the bonnet at least once a month and check your car fluid levels to make sure they are at a decent level. While you’re doing this, it’s a great time to take a close look at your car battery to check that it’s fine to use. Examining a car battery is pretty simple, look for any obvious cracks in the casing or any leaks around the battery housing. If the car battery case has swollen up this could indicate that heat damage has occurred and the battery should be replaced immediately. Sometimes you can detect a sulphurous “rotten egg” type smell emanating from a car battery, and this is also a sign that it’s starting to fail. Finally, look for any wisps of smoke, this is a no brainer, and the battery should be carefully removed and disposed of correctly.
If you’re in the market for a Nissan Qashqai 2018 model, get in touch with us at Perth City Nissan, and we will be happy to arrange a no obligation test drive for you.
Automobiles Articles1. Things To Know About Led Headlight Bulbs With Its Three Major Variants
2. Know The Different Types Of Bike Available
Author: Steve Chorbadjian
3. Checklist To Consider When You Buy A Refurbished Motorcycle
Author: Levi Fysh
4. Why Should You Change To Toyota Hilux Led Headlights?
Author: Hamish Crotty
5. Advantages Of Learning Driving At Safe Hands
Author: Nicholas Manchee
6. How To Get Excellent Offers At Any Servicing Centre At An Affordable Price
Author: Oliver Mertin
7. Explore The Best Parking Services That Are Offered By A Vehicle Storage Company
Author: Ava M Williams
8. How To Dispose Your Car The Safe And Easy Way
Author: Lachlan Ruth
9. How To Dispose Your Car Safely At A Great Exchange Price
Author: Luna Charlotte
10. Why Is Regular Caravan Servicing Important?
Author: Ryan Bulluss
11. Choose A Licensed And Certified Cab Agency For Quick And Safe Local Transfers
Author: Black Corporate
12. Finding The Best Car Repair Service In Your Locale: Points To Remember
Author: CTA Service Centre
13. Top Tips To Save Your Car In The Summer
Author: Liza Jones
14. Diode Dynamics Has The Best Led Light Bars For Trucks
Author: Tara Bloch
15. Tips To Choose The Right Bicycle For You
Author: Steve Chorbadjian