ALL >> Business >> View Article
How Long Should Your Household Appliances Last?
From our ovens to our dishwashers to our washing machines, we rely on our household appliances to feed our families, clean our clothes and generally make our busy lives a little bit easier. But appliances don’t come cheap, and when they break it can cause a lot of stress.
So how long should you expect your household appliances to last? There’s no hard and fast rule of course, some brands last longer than others, and the way you treat your appliances will have an impact, but as a general guideline we’ve compiled the following list:
With proper maintenance, the average dishwasher can last between 9 and 13 years. If you run your dishwasher regularly, clean out the filters often, and get regular servicing your dishwasher will run at peak performance for longer.
Using the machine regularly is important because without regular operation the rubberised seals and gaskets become brittle and are more likely to break.
Whether you have an electric or gas appliance makes a big difference. Electric ovens use heating elements that are more likely to break down over time, while gas ovens have an ignition system which is better able to stand the test of time.
You can expect an electric oven to last around 13 years, while a gas oven will last around 15.
Washing Machines & Dryers
Washing machines and dryers tend to have a similar life expectancy, but it comes down to how often you’re using the machines. If you have a large family and you’re doing many loads of laundry every week you’ll probably get around ten years out of your machines, if you’re using the machines less frequently you might get as many as 14.
When it comes to the type of washing machine a top loading washing machine is likely to outlast a front loader
Business Articles1. Heavy Plastic Will Lead Sustainability Movement In The Post-pandemic World Order
Author: Michael Luis
2. Why Engineering Consultancy And Its Services Are Important In Different Industrial Sectors
Author: Elegrow Technology
3. Webinar #21 Second Phase – A Billtrust Solution
Author: NSA COM
4. Tailor Made Music Lessons
Author: Judith Muir
5. Mitigating The Dangers Of Lead Paint Removal
Author: Bryson Kaleb
6. Love Marriage Specialist In Victoria | Vashikaran Specialist In Victoria
Author: master sadashiv
7. Muthoot Finance Ncd : Muthoot Finance Limited Ncd Opens On Sep 27
8. Manappuram Home Finance Ncd From Sep 30, 2019 To Oct 29, 2019
9. Icici Prudential Life Insurance Shares Tumbled: Stocks
10. Hindustan Construction Company Ltd. Shares Gained 1%
11. How You Can Apply For The Dealership Of Any Gas Agency?
12. Top 12 Stocks To Buy For The Next 2 Weeks
Author: Stock Investor
13. What Is Water Management And How It Is Accomplished By A Property Preservation Company?
Author: RPR Services, LLC
14. Healthcare Bpo Companies: Medical Innovation And Solution
Author: Allan Jones
Author: Ruhbi Cabasbas