ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Interesting Details About The Everest Base Camp Trek
Interesting Details about the Everest Base Camp Trek
Mount Everest is the tallest mountain in the world and one of the main tourist destinations of Nepal. Tenzing Norgay and Edmund Hillary were the first people to climb Mount Everest in 1953 and since then there have been many mountaineers that have attempted and been successful at this trek. However, Everest Base Camp Trek is a tour to the campsite of Mount Everest only.
Mountaineers need to be extremely fit even to complete the Everest Base Camp Trek.
This is a popular trek with many international tourists from all over the world undertaking this trek. The following are some of the interesting details of the Everest Base Camp Trek:
Everest Base Camp Trek – Interesting Details
Two Everest Base Camps
There are two Everest Base Camps on the opposite sides of the mountain as two main routes have become standardized to climb this mountain. The South Base Camp of the trek is in Nepal whereas the North Base Camp is in Tibet. The South Everest Base Camp in Nepal is very popular with the tourists.
Trekkers fly from Kathmandu to Lukla and then begin their journey to trek to the South Base Camp of Everest. EBC Trek is undertaken by thousands of people every year and is a major part of the tourist industry in Nepal. Everest Base Camp is a popular trekking circuit in Nepal and Namche Bazaar is the Sherpa capital of the world which is on the route of this base camp.
Best Trekking Season
• Everest is a snowy peak in the Himalayas with extremely cold weather. Trekking in the Himalayas depends majorly on the weather at the time of the trek as weather changes constantly at this altitude en route to the base camp.
• The pre-monsoon season is very favorable to trek to the Everest Base Camp. The months of February, March, April, and May are ideal months to undertake the trek. In February, if the weather is very cold then it is not ideal to visit at that point.
• The post-monsoon period from September, October, November and even some days of December are a good choice for this type of trek. However, early September when the monsoon is still strong is not ideal nor is late December when it gets really cold.
• It can be very cold in the winter months of January and February. However, are not ideal for the EBC Trek as it can get very cold and very snowy with weather delays.
Everest Base Camp - Interesting Facts
• The word “base camp” is very misleading as many people think it is a small and easy trek. The Everest Base Camp is 5,364 meters above the sea level and this camp usually starts at the Lukla Airport. It takes 12 days without any weather delays to trek to the Everest Base Camp.
• Everest Base camp is part of the Sagarmatha National Park in Nepal. This natural park is a natural UNESCO world heritage site and has truly beautiful landscapes. Some of the popular tourist attractions in and around the route of the EBC Trek include Gokyo Lakes and it is home to some spectacular wildlife.
• Red Pandas, Musk Deer, Snow Leopards, Langur Monkeys and rare birds like Himalayan Monal, Red-billed Chough, and Blood Pheasants are all found at this national park to name a few.
• Every year more than 100,000 undertake the trek to the Everest Base Camp.
Everest Base Camp is probably more famous than any other base camp in the world. This base camp is visited by people from different countries from all over the planet and it is an achievement to be able to trek to this base camp.
https://www.weramblers.com We Ramblers is a leading Adventure Travel Provider in Bangalore, India organizes trips for all kind travel lovers and mostly adventure trips. As We Ramblers is a community that serves as a platform for the travel enthusiasts. Share your travel stories and meet budding travellers.
Travel Articles1. Things To Know Before Flying With Jetblue Airlines Reservations
Author: Chrish Smith
2. Car Rental In Chennai For Tourism
Author: Ellen Dares
3. Top Christmas Party Venues In Sydney You Shouldn’t Miss In 2020
Author: charlotte evelyn
4. Of Whales And Adventures: Thrilling Experiences You Shouldn’t Miss In Perth
Author: Olivia Angel Williams
5. Common Mistakes People Make When Hiring Airport Transfer Services
Author: James Spencer
6. Britannia Airport Cars Is Giving Cut Throat Competition At Heathrow Airport Transfer
Author: britannia airport
7. Britannia Airport Fulfill All The Parameter To Be The Best Choice Of Passengers At Gatwick Airport C
Author: britannia airport
8. Rolls Royce Wedding Car Sydney – Hire The Best Car For Your Wedding
Author: Prestige Hire
9. Watersports Activities In Dubai Make Your Trip Even More Enjoyable
Author: Mr Safnas
10. Hayber Cars Is Considered As A Cheapest Gatwick Airport Taxi
Author: tony smith
11. What To Expect With The Opening Of The Grand Egyptian Museum In 2020?
Author: Cliff Collins
12. Dehradun Taxi Service - Dehraduntaxiservices
13. Hayber Cars Counts Your Payment As Sorter You Travel For London Southend Airport Taxi
Author: tony smith
14. Popular Places In Sydney To Have A Thrilling Nye Celebration
Author: Harley Leon
15. Most Fun Sightseeing Tours In Sydney And Where You Can Find Them
Author: Evelyn Adam