ALL >> Travel >> View Article
8 Things That Are Forbidden In Sri Lanka
Total Articles: 11
Summary- Unlike western countries, Sri Lanka has certain rules and regulations that a tourist must adhere to. Are you planning to travel to this beautiful island? If yes, then read on to know about all the things you must-not do when in the country.
Sri Lanka is a country that has a rich heritage and traditional culture. With its beautiful beaches and well preserved wildlife, one can have an amazing experience when here. But similar to many other countries in Southeast Asia, Sri Lanka is a conservative one that takes pride in its age-old traditional values. If you are planning to go to this country you can get your online Sri Lanka visa easily.
So to make your stay trouble-free, unforgettable and memorable, go through our short list of things that will guide you about do`s and don`ts in Sri Lanka:
1. Respect their religion- Being a traditional country; Sri Lankans take their religious beliefs seriously. Touching a monk is a sign of disrespect, particularly on their head. Women are not allowed to touch monks, so refrain from doing it. Always remove your shoes before entering inside a temple.
2. Never stand with your back facing Buddha statue- Buddhism is the main religion in Sri Lanka. People worship and offer prayers to their deity with respect. Therefore never turn your back on a Buddha statue as it is considered to be disrespectful. While taking pictures, always make sure that everyone is facing the statue. Avoid wearing clothes that has a Buddha image over it.
3. Say no to public display of affection- Unlike the western countries, public display of affection is not considered a very modest expression of love in Sri Lanka. It is not socially acceptable. Therefore one must refrain from doing any such things that might ruin the experience.
4. Seek permission before clicking pictures- Before clicking picture from your camera or phone, always take permission. Some places such as museums, sometimes require you to buy a permit.
5. Learn to differentiate between a hotel and a restaurant called ‘hotel’- Many small restaurants in the country are still called ‘hotels’. A tradition that dates back to the time, when the best food can only be found in actual hotels.
6. Do not use your left hand to eat food- The locals do not use cutlery, however they will be pleased to offer you one if you ask them to. But if you decide to join them and eat like a local, then always eat with your right hand, as the left hand is considered unclean.
7. Use your bargaining skills- When you get inside a three-wheeler (aka tuk tuk), don`t forget to ask them for meter. Sometimes they overcharge the tourists so always bargain if you know the actual cost.
8. Try every local delicacy- What is the point of visiting a country if you don`t taste its local food? Binge on street delicacies such as coconut sambol and variety of teas that will revitalize your soul
As they say ‘when in Rome, do as Romans do’, one should respect the values and culture of every country. Sri Lanka is no exception. Make your holidays more memorable by respecting their core values and never do the things we have mentioned above. You can apply for your online Sri Lanka visa easily by filling up a form, online!
Discover the beauty of Sri Lanka. The timeless ruins, pristine beaches, serene Buddhist Temples, museums displaying the ancient artifacts and verdant tea plantations can leave you breathless with its unmatched charm. Experience an absolute bliss at ‘pearl of the Indian Ocean’ by booking for online tourist visa.We at Sri-Lanka ETA provide our every client a hassle-free way to apply for the visa. With minimum visa-fee and simple process of visa application, we deliver your visa right into your inbox. Our 24 x 7 customer support will keep your updated about your visa status; however you can also keep a tab on your application with our online service that makes it possible for you to check your ETA status.
Travel Articles1. Cheap Heathrow Airport Transfer Services In London For Safe And Comfortable Journey
Author: jack pero
2. The Eminence Of Car Hiring In Bengaluru
Author: Manoj Upadhyay
3. Enjoy Your Stay At North Carolina Vacation Rentals
Author: Robert James
4. Sunset Pawna | Pawna Lake Camping | Camping Near Pune
5. Book Chicago To Mumbai Flights
6. 5 P’s Which Will Help You In Any Trekking And Hiking
Author: Christian Sheean
7. 6 Factors That Will Help You In Selecting The Right Hotel In Dursley
Author: Amery Ortego
8. Advantages Of Taxi Service In London Airport
9. Experiencing An Amazing Uk Day Trip At The Venice Simplon-orient-express
Author: Joseph Lister
10. Best Vacation In Egypt And Jordan
Author: Cliff Collins
11. Application Development Company In Jaipur | Application Development Jaipur
Author: ABHISHEK VERMA
12. Arrange Ebc Helicopter Trip – Gain Wonderful Adventure Memories
13. Tempo Traveller Hire Jaipur , Tempo Traveller Rental Jaipur
Author: hari narayan
14. Educational School Trip | School Trip Package | Student Trip
Author: kaushalendra kumar
15. Make Majorca Holidays Exciting By Visiting Majestic Places
Author: Daisy Wilkinson