ALL >> Education >> View Article
1. What is observational vs. longitudinal research?
The above refers to a comparison between observational research and longitudinal research. Observational research is research in which the researchers document information concerning their subjects without manipulation of their study environment. Longitudinal research falls into the category of observational research, but researchers perform several observations of their subjects over some time.
2. Do available meters meet tight glycemic controls?
The current blood glucose meters do not meet the accuracy required and those which medical experts established. Therefore, there should be the development of a functional and affordable new generation of meters with more accuracy.
3. How much error is acceptable? In what scenarios?
The current standards of meters allow an error of up to 20%. However, it does not allow a 20% error for 95% measurements. The above margins of errors are acceptable in the inpatient setting where there is adjusting of insulin by clinicians. Additionally, the scenario is also in the outpatient setting where patients are making decisions on the amount of insulin they should take before a meal based on the above measurements.
4. According to one panelist, one method of POCT meets tight glycemic control. What is it?
POCT is Point of Care Test involves the performance observed in a test in the immediate environment of the patient. It provides immediate results required outside the conventional environment of the medical laboratory. POCT has found rapid uses in the primary and community care environments like the GP surgeries, health centers, community clinics, and industrial, medical centers.
5. Where might the Medical Laboratory Scientist find error data/statistics for meters currently in use in their lab?
One of the places where is the likelihood of errors is the devices currently in use in the labs. Most of the devices are for self-monitoring of glucose. However, they need optimization to reduce errors. Others are POCT although it has no large acceptance as a cause for inaccuracy. Additionally, errors could arise due to how various meters are being used such as for insulin dosage or self-monitoring.
6. After reading this Q&A, what have you learned that you might put into practice?
There are several lessons an interested student could learn from the Q & A discussion. However, there are those lessons that are useful while others are not useful. One of the lessons I have learned from this forum is that doctors lower the concentrations of blood sugar using insulin. However, it would not be possible to lower the blood sugar if there were no suitable measurements. Therefore, doctors are using portable glucose meters to perform glucose measurements. The values from the meters determine the dose of insulin patient requires.
Sherry Roberts is the author of this paper. A senior editor at Melda Research in cheap reliable essay writing service if you need a similar paper you can place your order for a custom research paper from cheap assignment services.
Education Articles1. Benefits Of Ccna Certification For Your Networking Career
2. Should You Employ A Designer When Renovating Your Kitchen Area?
Author: Alex Arnorld
3. Why Opting For Photography Courses Is Best For Your Clicking Career?
Author: Dk Digital Tech
4. How Could You Make Coding Fun?
Author: shubham sharma
5. How To Quickly Manage High School Teachers Responsibilities
Author: Dilawar Mustafa
6. "the Best Tips To Enrich Communication Between Students, Staff And Parents "
Author: Neelima Ls
7. Best It Training Institute In Jamshedpur
Author: Best IT training institute in jamshepur
8. 10 Famous Trumpet Players
Author: Bishal Sharma
9. Reasons Why Engineering Is Important In Present Day?
Author: Kamal Bhatt
10. Which Is The Best Mca College In Mumbai? Which College Is Better For Pursuing Mca And Have Better P
Author: Girish Shyanbhag
11. Which Is The Best Management Or Mba College In Mumbai?
Author: Girish Shyanbhag
12. The Alignment Of My Project Methodology To The Lean Process
Author: Debra Gentz
13. What Are Some Of The Best Quotes From Mahatma Gandhi?
Author: insights success
14. All You Need To Know About Scholarships For International Students In Australia
Author: Echoes Education
15. Difference Between Mbbs In Ukraine And Other Countries For Indian Students