ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
How To Maintain Your Grease Traps Efficiently
Commercial restaurant owners understand the significance of maintaining the grease traps of their kitchens. No doubt, large commercial kitchens produce an enormous amount of food every day, which leads to the production of grease. This grease gets collected in the traps to ensure that it does not block the main sewer lines. However, it is important to clean the grease traps frequently. Failure to keep the Grease trap clean can wreak havoc on the system and affect business in the end.
You can hire a professional grease trap cleaning service occasionally to clean and maintain these traps.
Ways to Maintain Grease Traps Easily
Reduce the amount of grease
One of the best ways to avoid grease trap blockage is to reduce the amount of grease flowing into the trap. Clear the dishes properly of solid waste and food products before you clean it in the sink. It is easier to clean and maintain a grease trap when you reduce the total amount of grease that you put down the trap. You can also prevent frequent hassles caused due to grease blockage in this way.
Never put trash in the trap
Grease traps should never be used to dump waste such as straws, plastic cups, paper products, and other such items. It is important to remember that these items are not meant to be disposed of in the grease traps. Most grease trap-cleaning services often remove such items from the traps, which can lead to backups and other costly hassles in the system. It could also lead to a temporary shutdown of the restaurant. Therefore, it is important to train your restaurant staff to dispose of waste properly.
Cleaning grease traps regularly
Cleaning and maintaining the grease trap regularly is quite important. Hire a licensed grease trap cleaner to clean and pump the system. When more than 25% of the liquid level in the trap contains oil or grease, it is time to clean the traps. Another notable sign is the awful odor that emancipates from the trap. The buildup of grease in the trap will eventually start to smell and overlooking the bad odor can prove to be a costly affair. The smell can spread from the kitchen to the restaurant, leaving a bad impression.
Moreover, cleaning a grease trap becomes difficult when it is not cleaned for a long time. The grease will thicken and stick to the walls of the tank and make it difficult to clean it completely and properly. Build up of grease can also affect the tanks and connecting pipes. It releases poisonous gases such as sulfuric acid, which can damage even steel and concrete pipes.
When you notice signs of blockage or a foul smell from the grease traps, it is time to call a professional grease trap cleaning service. These professionals ensure that your grease trap remains clean and block-free with regular maintenance.
DraneRanger provides various liquid waste management solutions such as grease and lint trap cleaning, lift station and wet well cleaning, septic tank cleaning and maintenance, and vacuum truck services in Houston, Pearland, Alvin, and Sugar Land. To more know, visit http://draneranger.com/services/.
Home and Garden Articles1. Professional Repair Service To Trace And Remediate The Pool Plumbing And Leak
Author: Carlos Rosales
2. Get Rid Of Bed Bugs From Your Home By Consulting A Nashville Exterminator Company
Author: David Alexander
3. 7 Facts About Commercial Real Estate Services In New York
Author: harvest international
4. Pourquoi Avons-nous Besoin De Rénover Notre Maison?
5. Hotel Kitchen Requirements
Author: Rohan Kumar
6. Enhance Your Living Room With Superior Walnut Rectangular Coffee Table
Author: Tronk Design
7. Major Signs That Indicate You Might Have A Leaking Roof
Author: Nate Kyngdon
8. Tips To Cure Your Carpet That Is Suffering From Water Damage
Author: Elvin Dao
9. The Latest Development About Development Application That You Have To Know
Author: Adam Leworthy
10. All You Need To Know About Different Types Of Fencing
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
11. How To Opt For The Best Landscape Architect In Your Location
Author: Ethan Marian
12. 7 Major Reasons To Consider Metal Roofing For Your Home
Author: Tyler Gowlland
13. Everything You Need To Know Before Hiring Commercial Architects
Author: Jack Weathers
14. 3 Factors That You Should Remember While Hiring Construction Management Services
Author: Harrison Gilray
15. 5 Incredible Benefits Of Hiring Industrial Cleaning Services For Your Company
Author: Brayden Burdekin