ALL >> Education >> View Article
Rfid In Transportation And Logistics Industry
Total Articles: 580
• RFID is the use of automated systems that help to reveal what a company has and the location of the items.
• The technology identifies and locates every item required for tracking from the trucks to the forklifts, to the returnable transit items and the containers.
• The transportation and logistics industry benefits by overcoming the challenge of visibility in the supply chain.
• The transportation and logistics industry incurs costs due to inefficiencies as a lack of visibility in the supply chain.
• Lack of visibility results to shrinkage, inaccuracies, and inefficient order fulfillment.
• It has an impact on the product costs and the overall profitability.
• Many businesses strive to increase their assets, inventory, and shipment visibility in the every part of the chain.
• However, it’s very difficult for the business to track and manage what they cannot see.
• Thus, it’s essential to have the end-to-end visibility that facilitates more efficient, timely decisions, and reduced delays.
Addressing the Problem using RFID
• The use of RFID in the industry helps to automate the counting and tracking processes required for a fast and accurate supply chain logistics.
• RFID technology automates the processes of identification and managing the items circulating within the supply chain.
• RFID systems help to optimize both the asset and inventory management using internal and external loop systems implementations.
• RFID technology increases visibility due to; shipment and asset tracking and management,
Warehouse and distribution management,
and yard management.
• RFID improves efficiency in the overall processes of receiving, sorting, routing, locating, and shipping.
• RFID technology is a major boost for the Transportation and Logistics industry since it addresses the problem of visibility.
• RFID helps to automate the processes, such that it is easy to identify and locate the items wherever they are within the supply chain.
• Bolic, M., Simplot-Ryl, D., & Stojmenovic, I. (Eds.). (2010). RFID systems: research trends and challenges. John Wiley & Sons.
• Brown C. (2011) Advantages of RFID in Transportation and Logistics, Zebra Technologies
• Kaur, M., Sandhu, M., Mohan, N., & Sandhu, P. S. (2011). RFID technology principles, advantages, limitations & its applications. International Journal of Computer and Electrical Engineering, 3(1), 151-157.
• Sarac, A., Absi, N., & Dauzère-Pérès, S. (2010). A literature review on the impact of RFID technologies on supply chain management. International Journal of Production Economics, 128(1), 77-95.
• Yong-Dong S., Yuan-Yuan P. & Wei-Min L. (2009) The RFID Application in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Research Journal of Applied Sciences; Volume: 4 (1): 57-61
Sherry Roberts is the author of this paper. A senior editor at Melda Research in professional writing services if you need a similar paper you can place your order for a custom research paper from writing services online.
Author is associated with MeldaResearch.Com which is a global Custom Essay Writing and Term Paper Writing Company. If you would like help in Research Papers and Term Paper Help you can visit Custom Writing Service
Education Articles1. Going Through Proper Training Is A Better Option To Achieve Success In Career
Author: Alzbeta Berka
2. Most Effective Ways To Increase Your Standard Of Teaching In Institutes
Author: Alzbeta Berka
3. Surat Al Fatihah
Author: Shehzad Hasan
4. Qlik Sense Online Course
Author: oveiya krishnasamy
5. How To Become A Professional Fashion Illustrator!
Author: Britanindya Ghosh
6. Why Pursue Career In Business Management And Administrative
Author: ponting brown
7. Splunk Course Online Training From Ibm It Solutions
Author: Harika Sharma
8. Which Is The Best Electronics & Communication Engineering College In India?
Author: Techno International New Town
9. Mba/bba Project Report Services:how To Write A Great Conclusion
Author: anushka yadav
10. How Can You Help Your Child Living In A Boarding School?
11. Top 5 Eco-friendly Activities To Teach Kids These Summers
12. 5 Things Your College Must Provide For You
13. List Of Top Fashion Designing Institute In Bangalore | Vidya Fashion Academy
Author: Vidya Fashion Academy
14. Advanced Java Blogs For Programmers Of All Level
15. Discover The Scopes To Become A Licensed Cctv Operator In United Kingdom
Author: Alzbeta Berka