ALL >> Legal >> View Article
The Role Of Commercial Bail Bonds
Nowadays, New York commercial bail bonds are now becoming more popular across the state. Using a bail bond means that the defendant or a person on behalf of the defendant will sign a contract with one of the New York bail bond companies available. After the contract signing, the bail bond provider will then post bail on behalf of the defendant concerned.
What is the implication of this? This means that the provider will be liable for the full amount of bail if the defendant fails to appear. Will this make the defendant scot-free since a private provider already shouldered his or her bail? Not really. Since the contract also specifies that if the defendant will not attend all court dates, he or she will forfeit the collateral and will be charged additional fines by the company.
Why is this so?
New York statutes say that a portion of the funds paid to a bail bond provider, also known as the premium or fee, can be retained by said provider, regardless of the disposition of the case and even if the defendant completely attended all court hearings. Premiums are limited to 10% of the total bail amount if it is under $3,000. The case is different if the total bail amount is more than $3000 but below $10000. In such cases, New York bail bond companies are allowed to charge an additional 8% for premiums. If the bail amount is more than $10000, the provider is allowed to charge 14% more.
Besides charging a fee, these companies are also allowed by law to demand the defendant or their families to post unlimited amounts of collateral to support the bond issuance. They are also allowed to demand restriction of personal liberty of defendants, such as setting curfews or mandatory meetings with the private company. Any violation of the rules can be cited as ground to forfeit the collaterals posted.
Indeed, the role of a New York commercial bail bonds provider is important nowadays. If you are in need of one try reaching A Bail Company, Inc. here.
Legal Articles1. Real Estate Lawyer In Mississauga: Do You Really Need It?
2. What Are The Financial Terms To Include In A Home Rental Lease Agreement Form?
Author: Carl Glendon
3. Immigration Solicitors London
4. Why Hiring An Attorney Is A Good Idea For Workers’ Compensation?
Author: Zane Norman
5. Applying For Ssdi Benefits?
6. Drafting A Power Of Attorney Form – Top Things To Keep In Mind
Author: Carl Glendon
7. Guidelines For Immigration To Australia From India
Author: keerthi keerthi
8. What Are The Steps To Write A Property Bill Of Sale?
Author: Rick Lopez
9. Factors To Consider While Hiring A Truck Accident Lawyer In Dallas
Author: Marcus McGowan
10. Court Marriage In Ghaziabad
Author: Mohit Arya
11. Accident Lawyer
Author: Khalil Law Group
12. Mistakes That Can Affect Your Injury Claim After An Accident
Author: Chris Lucero
13. Changing Dui Law In Califonia
Author: Dave daniel
14. Refinancing Your Home
Author: A1 LoanHub
15. When You Need An Immigration Lawyer?