ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
How To Avoid Electric Shocks In The Garden
Total Articles: 6
We all use a lot more electrical equipment than ever before when we spend time in the garden e.g. for outdoor lighting, heating, music etc. We also use a lot more electric gardening equipment to help ease the burden of keeping our gardens in good order e.g. lawn mowers, hedge trimmers, strimmers etc. However, it is important to be aware of the dangers of using electrical equipment outside so that you can avoid any potentially hazardous situations.
1. Protect all electrical appliances with RCDs
Many electrical accidents in the garden are caused by live electrical cables being accidentally cut e.g. while cutting the grass or trimming the hedge. This can give a serious electric shock to the person using the appliance. RCDs (Residual Current Devices) are small devices that can protect against these types of shock. Many new consumer units (fuse boards) will already have RCDs built in, but many older ones will not. If this is the case you should seriously think about upgrading your fuse board. This will mean that you are more thoroughly protected from electrical faults both outside as well as inside your home. If this is not possible then you should use a portable RCD which you can buy and plug into the socket you are using before plugging in your outdoor appliance.
2. Avoid extension cables
Running extension cables from inside the house or garage are a trip hazard for children and older people. They also require a door or window to be left open to thread the cable through which is the perfect invitation for an opportunist intruder. In addition in this scenario any insurance claim would be invalidated as your home was not secure at the time of the break in. A
Home and Garden Articles1. why Is Maintenance Of Society Important?
Author: Preeti Sharma
2. Invest In A Good Quality Semi Frameless Glass Pool Fencing Today!
Author: Blitz Glass
3. Great Benefits Of Standing Seam Metal Roof That Make Them So Demanding
Author: Bryson Kaleb
4. Think To Have A Professional House, Local Painters Melbourne
Author: Mclean Painting
5. What Are The Basics Of Roofing Replacement?
Author: Rick Lopez
6. Window Cleaning Tips To Keep Your Glass Windows Looking Great
Author: Greenforce Windowpro
7. Startup Ideas For Women Entrepreneurs
Author: Tanya Sharma
8. tips On Interior Design
Author: Preeti Sharma
9. Different Kinds Of Marble Tile Flooring
Author: Maheshwari Impex
10. Hire Cleaning Professionals To Make Premises More Clean
Author: Nettoyage de bureau Montréal
11. Top 3 Factors To Consider Before Hiring The Right Garage Door Company In La
Author: Katherine Branson
12. What To Do When Your Pool Leaks
Author: Contemporary Pools
13. Top 5 Tips To Find A Trusted Local Electrician
Author: Elena Gilbert
14. 4 Ways To Keep Your Carpet Look Always New
Author: Fresh Cleaning Services
15. What Is The Importance Of Calling A Technician For Stove Repairing?
Author: Anu Walia