ALL >> Real-Estate-and-Foreclosure >> View Article
A Few Common Mistakes To Avoid When Building
There are many things about building a new home that are amazing and exciting. But there are some common mistakes that are made by the designer / home owner that can and should be avoided. We often think that our builder or someone else is going to help us avoid mistakes, but mistakes are inevitable and often out of our hands (especially with custom built homes); but it is a good thing to be informed and ready for anything when building your home. So here are a few different mistakes people make when building their new home.
Dollars over quality
When it comes to custom homes or building in general you must be very sceptical of the ‘cheapest price’. Because in building the cheapest price is rarely the best value and it is definitely not the best product. Money is still important and builders still need to be competitive in their pricing, but when it comes to the home you will be living in, going the lowest price is not the best idea. If at the beginning stage of building your home you save a few thousand by choosing low end products, you will forget about those thousands saved when those products don’t hold up through the first few years of living in your new home. Also enquire of your builder if you can see previous or current projects using the same products.
Unique is good, too unique is very bad
Design is something that every home owner wants to be a part of and even though you could choose a house off the builder’s plans, chances are you will still want to make some changes. In saying that definitely add design elements that are going to best reflect your personality and season of life, but do not over complicate the design. You need to consider your home’s value and possible resale, even if you plan on living in it for the long run it will eventually need to be resold and if the design is too unique then that is going to make it harder than it needs to be to resell.
Time your changes
While on the subject of design, it is very likely that at some point you are going to want to change something about the design. For example, you may want to add a walk in robe where there wasn’t one, or maybe even a whole other bedroom. These designs are all possible but they need to be made in the planning stage and avoided in the building/construction stage. You can make them in the building stage but it is a lot more expensive and could potentially make your mortgage repayments higher.
As mentioned earlier, mistakes will be made, but if you can avoid mistakes on your end that is going to make your building journey one to be remembered and not a nightmare that goes on long past you moving into your new home. Consult a good quality builder like Great Living Homes, who are also custom home builders Perth, and ask the difficult questions to avoid mistakes.
Real Estate and Foreclosure Articles1. Role Of Advanced Architectural Technology In Digital Rendering
Author: AIMIR CG
2. 8 Reasons To Hire An Interior Office Designer For You
Author: Daiko FHO is an advertising Agency.
3. Mrg World The Balcony Call 9250404173 Sector 93 Gurgaon
4. How Can An Assets Management Company Help You?
Author: Rick Lopez
5. Mas Construction Painting Contractor House Painter Toronto
6. Top 3 Benefits For Hiring A Realtor For Home Buying
Author: Rick Lopez
7. Acquisition Of Turkish Citizenship By Real Estate
Author: Saalim Tahir
8. Sell Your Home Fast With Professional Home Buyers In Bradenton
Author: L&L Property Solutions
9. Real Estate Companies In Dubai | Dubai Property Market | Houses For Sale In Dubai
10. Jay Vijay - The Largest Redevelopment Project In Vile Parle East
Author: Kolte-Patil Jai Vijay
11. Sam Housing And Infra Private Limited - Real Estates & Construction
Author: SVR Murthy
12. Sandalwood And How To Plant It More Beneficially
13. Common Pitfalls Of Managing Your Own Investment Property
Author: Josh Barron
14. Agricultural Transformation –deliver Your Plans Successfully
15. Top 5 Sites For Buying And Selling Best Residential Properties In India