ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Start Your Year Right With These Water Damage Prevention Tips
Total Articles: 51
Water damage can leave your home and its contents at risk of significant loss. Planning and maintenance are key to prevention. It is important you check all of these appliances and fixtures on a regular basis to help prevent the possibility of water damage. When water damage does occur, call ServiceMaster by PWF for immediate assistance.
With all the rain we have been experiencing up and down the coast, at the moment there is always a risk of flash flooding if your property is not up to date with water damage prevention.
Water damage in the home can cause all sorts of issues from mold growth, internal cosmetic damage, all the way to structural damage. So start your year right with these water damage prevention tips.
1. Check faucets and appliance hoses regularly
Inspect the hoses on washing machines, fridges and dishwashers at least once a year and keep a look out for cracks or water leaks.
2. Showers and baths
Ensure that the caulking around the shower and bathtub is watertight,if you see any cracks, replace it right away to lessen the damage cost.
3. Put floor pans under appliances
Putting a floor pan under your washing machine or fridge won’t stop a major sudden leak, but can go a long way to preventing damage from slow undetected leaks.
4. Check the structure of your home
If your home isn’t watertight, it could run the risk of experiencing significant water damage, either because of a sudden severe weather event such as heavy rain, or possibly, slowly over time as a result of leaks or blockages.
5. Take a look at your roof
Roof leaks can cause significant damage – far more than just water stains on your ceiling. If your roof hasn’t been checked in a while, have a licensed roofing professional undertake a thorough inspection.
6. Check gutters and drains for any cracks or blockages
Remove any debris such as built-up leaves from gutters and downspouts. If your home has a chimney (whether you use it or not), have it checked to see whether water could seep in such as through cracks in the bricks.If you discover any damage to your roof, it’s vital you get it seen to as soon as possible.
Unfortunately, sometimes the damage is done and burst or just leaking water pipes can reach the extent of serious water damage. Quite often the residents won’t even notice until it’s too late and professional water damage restoration is needed. Fortunately, ServiceMaster by PWF can help. We can work out where the problem originated and have the issue rectified quickly and efficiently. Our professional water damage specialists provide emergency extraction and dehumidification, applications of sanitation and antimicrobial products, moisture monitoring and assessments, and mold remediation services in Jacksonville.
Need help with your water damage problem? Don't worry; we are here to help! ServiceMaster Restoration by PWF services Jacksonville, Jacksonville Beach, Atlantic Beach, Neptune Beach, and San Marco, Florida as well as St. Johns and Pinellas. Contact our office near you. Pinellas: 813-295-7797, Ocala: 352-292-8988, Gainesville: 352-441-3020, Lake City: 386-866-3349, Duvall | Clay | St. John: 904-999-4481.
ServiceMaster Restoration by PWF offers emergency damage restoration and cleaning services in St. Augustine, Florida, and its surrounding areas and counties.
Home and Garden Articles1. Top Tips For Safe Landscape Lighting
Author: Lanai Lights
2. Are You Considering Installing Granite Kitchen Countertops?
Author: Linda Donna
3. 4 Reasons Why You Should Hire Local Builders
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
4. Reasons To Hire Carpet Cleaners And Get Your Carpet Cleaned
Author: Archer Greville
5. 3 Different Kinds Of Security Systems Which Can Be Installed In Your Property
Author: Lucius Phoenix
6. Why Development Application Survey Is A Green Signal To Your Project
Author: Adam Leworthy
7. New Book Builds On Benjamin Franklin's Virtues For Character Cultivation
Author: Jacob James
8. Decorative Ornamental Custom Metal Will Improve Your Gates, Railings & Fences In Bonita Springs, Fl
Author: Fabri-Tech Screens
9. Why Tile Leveling Spacers Are Preferred For Proper Leveling Of Tiles
Author: Hayden Ryrie
10. Why Building And Pest Inspection Is Necessary Before Purchasing A Property
Author: Callum Soul
11. How To Deal With The Leaky Brooklyn Skylights?
Author: Rick Lopez
12. What Do You Do If Your Sewer Line Is Clogged In Grand Haven, Mi
Author: West Michigan Septic Sewer & Drain Service
13. Some Of The Many Types Of Render Which Can Be Applied To Walls
Author: Andy Guy
14. The Benefits Of Colored Sealcoatings On Pavement And Driveways
Author: Sierra Solomon
15. Make Your Space More Striking With The Benefits Of Sliding Doors
Author: Mozart Turkey