ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Will The 2019 Peugeot 508 Gt Get A Phev System?
Total Articles: 28
The Peugeot 508 has become a firm Aussie favourite in its brief time down under, but another key 508 vehicle is on the horizon. This new 508 will be available as a flagship sedan and wagon GT variant with all wheel drive hybrid power available. This should come as no surprise as Peugeot have been talking a great deal recently about electric vehicle (EV) powertrains and supplying them for every new release. This is all very interesting as Australia has been slow to adopt the use of EV over the years. With better performance and improved ranges, this could be set to change. Let’s take a closer look at what we know and speculate about some of the details to get a better idea of what we can expect.
The Insider “Leaks”
Some information about the new Peugeot 508 was leaked to the UK car publication Autocar earlier this year. This industry insider has claimed that the new 508 GT will have a 1.6L turbocharged petrol engine that will be paired with an electric motor. A lithium ion battery system will provide the juice for the latter powertrain. The petrol engine may generate 149 kW of power (200bhp) that will be delivered to the two front wheels. Then the electric motor will generate 75 kW of power (100bhp) that will be delivered to the rear wheels. This will give the two power plants a combined output of 224 kW (300 bhp) and all wheel drive surefootedness.
The Battery Capacity
One of the big drawbacks for hybrid take up in the past here in Australia has been the poor capacity and how it reduces the driving range. The modern EV has far more range and performance, and without more solid information we can only speculate on how the 508 will perform. The leak to Autocar has stated that the 508 GT will be able to travel 50 km using only electric power.
Australian Release Dates
The same PHEV system used in the 508 GT will feature in other Peugeot group models, such as the 3008, 5008 and the DS7 Crossback E-Tense. This is because all these models are using the modular EMP2 platform to provide the underpinning and EV infrastructure. At this time we have no idea when these new 508 GT will be released here
If they are looking for a Peugeot 508 for sale in Perth, local drivers should get in touch with us at Perth City Peugeot. We have a large selection of new, demo and used for sale including the latest Peugeot 508 models. We would like to invite you to join us for a no obligation test drive, and you can try out the 508 driving difference for yourself. If you need to finance your car purchase, you will find that our rates are highly competitive and your repayments will be tailored to suit your needs. Our sales team is ready and standing by to advise you on the latest Peugeot 508 price, and they will be happy to answer any other questions that you may have.
Automobiles Articles1. Freedom Wheels: Essential Guide To Purchase A Car On The 4th Of July
Author: Wiliams Orchard
2. How Serious Is A Cracked Windscreen? And Should I Consider Windshield Repair Or Replacement?
Author: Sam Lampasona
3. Finding Right Classic Car Rental Near Me
Author: Mark Hale
4. Comfortable Stratford Airport Taxi- Find The Reliable Service Provider
5. Renting Your Own London Gatwick Airport Taxi
6. 4 Steps To Take Before You Scrap Your Junk Car
Author: Jackson Harris
7. Automotive Washer System Market Expand At The Fastest Cagr Of 3% During The Forecast Period 2019-
Author: Research Report Insights
8. 3 Ways To Ensure A Safe Ride With A Gps Tracker
Author: Unknown Member
9. Adding Car Stereo Installation To Your Auto Shop
Author: Justin Gabriel
10. Know The Ultimate Impacts Of Collision Repairs Calgary
Author: Rudys Auto Refinishing Collision
11. Auto Repairs: How To Check Out Any Local Garage
Author: Rickey Gregg
12. How To Find Car Shop And Car Repairing Services In Glenview
Author: Kim Jordan
13. How To Take Care Of Your New Car
Author: Joe Fowler
14. Best Areas To Install Security Cameras At Home
Author: Gary Smith
15. Things To Look Before You Purchase Or Hire Box Trailer In Yorkshire
Author: Emma Denton