ALL >> Health >> View Article
Basics Of Oral Hygiene
Good oral hygiene results in a mouth that looks and smells healthy. This means:
· Your teeth are clean and free of debris
· Gums are pink and do not hurt or bleed when you brush or floss
· Bad breath is not a constant problem
· If your gums do hurt or bleed while brushing or flossing, or you are experiencing persistent bad breath, see your dentist. Any of these conditions may indicate a problem.
Your trusted dentist or hygienist can help you learn good oral hygiene techniques and can help point out areas of your mouth that may require extra attention during brushing and flossing.
Daily preventive care, including proper brushing and flossing, will help stop problems before they develop and are much less painful, expensive, and worrisome than treating conditions that have been allowed to progress.
How is Good Oral Hygiene Practiced?
Maintaining good oral hygiene is one of the most important things you can do for your teeth and gums. Healthy teeth not only enable you to look and feel good, they make it possible to eat and speak properly. Good oral health is important to your overall well-being.
In between regular visits to the dentist, there are simple steps that each of us can take to greatly decrease the risk of developing tooth decay, gum disease and other dental problems. These include:
· Brushing thoroughly twice a day and flossing daily
· Eating a balanced diet and limiting snacks between meals
· Using dental products that contain fluoride, including toothpaste
· Rinsing with a fluoride mouthrinse if your dentist tells you to
· Making sure that your children less than 12 drink fluoridated water or take a fluoride supplement if they live in a non-fluoridated area.
Think about the long term effects of a good oral hygiene. It can help you from future teeth damage and other mouth infections such as gingivitis and the likes.
If you are in need of a trusted dentist in Three Rivers, then we strongly encourage you to schedule a dental cleaning with our dentist, Dr. Paul Blank, one of the best Three Rivers dentists and Medicaid dentists in the area. The caliber of his services makes him a great Three Rivers dentist that clients just love to go to for any of their dental needs. A Medicaid dentist in South West Michigan and an expert in general dentistry, you can assure yourself that you are in good hands with Dr. Paul Blank. Call him today at 269-279-5278 or set up an appointment!
Health Articles1. Why Thai Massage? A Complete Over View
Author: Yash Ayra
2. How To Use Soma? What Soma Strength You Should Take?
Author: Jaxon Powell
3. Where To Buy Soma Meds Online Legally From Usa Pharmacy?
Author: Where to Buy Soma Meds Online Legally from USA Pha
4. How To Tell The Difference Between Herpes And Jock Itch
Author: John Dugan
5. Sarms Or Steroids - Which One Is The Ultimate Choice?
6. Tramadol Without Prescription: Is Tramadol Prescribed Pills For Pain Relief?
Author: Tramadol without Prescription: Is Tramadol Prescri
7. Practical Ways To Select The Best Healthcare Management System (hms)!
Author: Ash Rakars
8. Fut Or Fue? Choosing The Right Hair Transplant Option
Author: Pioneer Hair Transplant Center
9. How Much Cost Of Tramadol Should Be On The Street?
Author: How much cost of Tramadol should be on the street?
10. Tramadol For Female: Side Effects For Pregnant While Taking Without Prescription?
Author: Tramadol for female: Side effects for pregnant whi
11. Modafinil: A Drug That Promotes Wakefulness
Author: Denial Haugh
12. How Lasik Eye Treatment May Help You Eradicate Your Eyeglasses
Author: Rotary Eye Care Hospital
13. Vidalista 60mg Pills
Author: mybest chemist
14. Shri Adithya Hospital
Author: Dr.Ravindra kumar
15. How To Choose The Right Walking Stick