ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
What Should You Do If Your Car Glass Breaks While Driving
Total Articles: 11
So what should you do if your windscreen breaks while you are driving? Well, you have to try to be calm and handle the situation. Whether you've been in a collision or something has gone through the window, here are a few steps to take.
Can I drive with a damaged windscreen?
No, especially if it is shattered! Moreover, it is illegal to drive your car and you will be fined heftily depending on the depth of the damage. Let's dig into the different types of damage and what should you do.
You can drive with a small chip as long as it doesn't obstruct the view.
A crack can obstruct your view of the road, and it also leads to a major crack, where you will end up with the windscreen replacement Sydney. So, it is not advisable to drive with a crack.
A windscreen that is totally shattered not only put you at risk but also illegal to drive. It is illegal to drive a car with a smashed windscreen for safety reasons including increasing visibility, preventing glass shards, and windscreen integrity.
Stop immediately and call your insurance
If your windscreen breaks while you are driving, stop immediately. Call your insurance and file a police report. While some police agencies will come and gather the details, some might get the details about the damage over the phone. The same applies to the insurance company as well. If they do not come in person, take a quality picture of the damage. The photographs can be great evidence if the insurance company refuses to pay.
Contact the auto glass specialist
Contact the auto glass specialist, as many provide mobile car windscreen replacement Sydney service they will come to you and repair or replace the car glass. Don't try to fix the damages on your own because you could end up with expensive bills or risk yourself. It is better to go to a glass repair specialist than a general mechanic. Specialists will offer a comprehensive service and also cheap car windscreen replacement Sydney.
Competitive Windscreens is an Australian-owned family business that has been established for over 20 years. We offer a friendly and professional service, with our absolute focus being customer satisfaction. When you call us at Competitive Windscreens, the person who answers your call will be a windscreen technician who has first-hand experience and knowledge of exactly what’s involved in replacing your particular windshield or other piece of automotive glass.
Automobiles Articles1. Best Mobile Service Center In Marathahalli
2. Why Is Essential To Have Frequent Servicing Of Harley Davidson
Author: Levi Fysh
3. 4 Things To Consider When You Search For Driving Instructors
Author: Nicholas Manchee
4. Various Services Provided By The Limousine Renting Agencies
Author: Xavier Philip
5. Know About The Importance Of Side Steps For Your Vehicle
Author: Hamish Crotty
6. Why To Hire Volkswagen Specialists For Your Vehicle?
Author: Oliver Mertin
7. How To Sell Your Junk Car Without Any Additional Condition
Author: Mitchell Govett
8. Two Major Services Provided By Car Removal Company
Author: Lachlan Ruth
9. Advantages Of Keeping Your Car At Perth Airport For A Longer Period
Author: Ava M Williams
10. Should You Repair Or Replace Your Windscreen?
Author: Sam Lampasona
11. What Are The Most Important Routine Car Services?
Author: Dav Sar
12. Go Digital While Using The Most Advanced Car Battery Tester!
Author: Chunnan Chen
13. Customize The Equipment Necessary For Food Trucks With Reputed Food Truck Builders
Author: Texas Cart Builder
14. Benefits Of Buying Truck Spare Part Online
Author: PS Truck Parts
15. Order Lots Of Spare Parts From Suppliers
Author: PS Truck Parts