ALL >> Education >> View Article
The American School Of Dubai: A Legacy Of Excellence
Total Articles: 14
ASD’s Mission: To challenge and inspire each student to achieve their dreams and to become a passionate learner prepared to adapt and contribute in a rapidly changing world.
The American School of Dubai (ASD) is an independent, not-for-profit, K-12 US curriculum school deeply rooted in the past, having been established in 1966—even before the United Arab Emirates was formally established. And yet, ASD is firmly fixed on the future. Positioning itself as a leader in sustainability for the region, ASD recently won a prestigious Expo 2020 Sustainability Champions award and is a finalist for the Zayed Sustainability Prize—to be awarded in January, 2019. The visionary, progressive leadership is making a case to rebrand homework as home learning, and is implementing an impressive strategic plan to make every student future ready.
“Entering my final year at ASD, I am able to affectionately reflect on my past fourteen years here, with an appreciation for all of the knowledge and character that ASD has instilled in me. There is no question that the academic facets of the school are phenomenal, but the truly exceptional aspects of the school are those that can’t be summarized in statistics. Students travel to China for global issues conferences, hold English tutoring sessions for workers on campus, and harvest vegetables from our organic garden; not because they are asked to, but because ASD has empowered them to believe that their strengths and passions deserve to be developed, and that they can be instigators of change. My graduating class has students that have developed apps to combat malnutrition, spent their summers doing investigative journalism with the New York Times, and published books. Few other institutions disseminate the message of empowerment as strongly as ASD, and it is what makes the school so exceptional in every regard. While it will be difficult to leave, I look forward to taking the lessons that I have learned here outside of the context of the school, and will look back on my time at ASD as having laid the foundation for who I have become”, are the words of Lauren Sproule, (12th grade, Class of 2019), ASD Student since Kindergarten
For more details, visit: https://theknowledgereview.com/american-school-dubai-legacy-excellence/
Education Articles1. Best Oracle Fusion Financials Online Training | Oracle Cloud Financials Online Training
2. Tips To Help Your Children Express Their Feelings
Author: John Sarkis
3. How To Improve English Speaking Skills Online And Get Ahead With Minimum Efforts
Author: Eng Varta
4. Big Data Fundamentals, Become Big Data & Hadoop Developer
5. How To Overcome The Fear Of College Assignment: 5 Tricks That Work
Author: Adam Jacksom
6. Google Cloud Online Training
Author: rithi aanand
7. Qlik Sense Online Training
8. Major 5 Skills Sdets Need To Develop Right Now
Author: MindQ Systems
9. Trends To Watch Out For In Architectural Industry – Avantika University
Author: Avantika education
10. Top 7 Women Cfo’s And Their Backgrounds
11. How Do I Prepare My Child For Day Care?
Author: John Sarkis
12. Puppet Training
13. Here Is What You Should Consider Before Driving
14. Which Is A Better Course In Christ University, Bangalore, Ba Llb Or Bba Llb?
Author: Indian Educational Services
15. Achieve Good Results By Asking For Help In Thesis Writings From Professional Writers
Author: Students assignment help