ALL >> Education >> View Article
The American School Of Dubai: A Legacy Of Excellence
ASD’s Mission: To challenge and inspire each student to achieve their dreams and to become a passionate learner prepared to adapt and contribute in a rapidly changing world.
The American School of Dubai (ASD) is an independent, not-for-profit, K-12 US curriculum school deeply rooted in the past, having been established in 1966—even before the United Arab Emirates was formally established. And yet, ASD is firmly fixed on the future. Positioning itself as a leader in sustainability for the region, ASD recently won a prestigious Expo 2020 Sustainability Champions award and is a finalist for the Zayed Sustainability Prize—to be awarded in January, 2019.
The visionary, progressive leadership is making a case to rebrand homework as home learning, and is implementing an impressive strategic plan to make every student future ready.
“Entering my final year at ASD, I am able to affectionately reflect on my past fourteen years here, with an appreciation for all of the knowledge and character that ASD has instilled in me. There is no question that the academic facets of the school are phenomenal, but the truly exceptional aspects of the school are those that can’t be summarized in statistics. Students travel to China for global issues conferences, hold English tutoring sessions for workers on campus, and harvest vegetables from our organic garden; not because they are asked to, but because ASD has empowered them to believe that their strengths and passions deserve to be developed, and that they can be instigators of change. My graduating class has students that have developed apps to combat malnutrition, spent their summers doing investigative journalism with the New York Times, and published books. Few other institutions disseminate the message of empowerment as strongly as ASD, and it is what makes the school so exceptional in every regard. While it will be difficult to leave, I look forward to taking the lessons that I have learned here outside of the context of the school, and will look back on my time at ASD as having laid the foundation for who I have become”, are the words of Lauren Sproule, (12th grade, Class of 2019), ASD Student since Kindergarten
For more details, visit: https://theknowledgereview.com/american-school-dubai-legacy-excellence/
Education Articles1. Is Life Fair? Look At The World Naked, Laid Bare, And Nude
Author: Shannon Panzo
2. Easy And Comprehensive Way Of Learning Algebra Formula
3. Custom Driving Lessons For You – Prompt Driving School
Author: Tejas Joshi
4. 3d Architectural Online Modelling Courses
Author: Yait Institute
5. Need Ncert Solutions For 10th Class?
Author: Digital Teacher
6. Agriculture In Indian Economy
Author: Current Affairs Review
7. 5 Benefits Of Getting Your Assignment Done By An Expert
Author: Lucy Miranda
8. Power Bi Online Training | Power Bi Online Course| Iteducationalexperts
9. Python Online Training |python Online Course| Iteducationalexperts
10. Ui Online Training |ui Online Course| Iteducationalexperts
11. Aws Online Training |aws Online Course| Iteducationalexperts
12. Angularjs Online Training | Angularjs Online Course| Iteducationalexperts
13. Devops Online Training |iteducationalexperts
14. Linux Online Training | Iteducationalexperts
15. Sap Ps Online Training | Iteducationalexperts|