ALL >> Education >> View Article
Today’s Learners – Tomorrow’s Leaders
In selecting a school for our children, there are many elements parents will investigate. In choosing the correct pathway and setting for any child, decisions will be based on a range of factors. Here in Dubai, the range of options is vast, in terms of price point, curriculum and location.
One aspect of critical importance on any child’s successful learning journey which should be founded in success, challenge and happiness will be their readiness and agility in selecting and managing their own professional or vocational and career pathway.
Equipping students with the skills necessary needs to be an area of focus for all schools and educators, strategically embedded in both the formal and hidden curriculum at schools.
An emphasis on developing leadership skills and opportunities in students within and beyond the school gates should be significant. From primary age, a range of leadership groups can work closely with staff, parents and their peers to positively impact practices, policy and provision. Groups such as our Wellbeing Warriors, Heritage Heroes and Tech Gurus are an integral part of many school approaches to leadership development with Student Counselors, Performing Arts Leaders, Journalists and Paparazzi groups work diligently to impact both within and beyond the school gates.
A focus on communication, collaboration and connectivity, cultivated from early years with peer led learning opportunities and a formalized buddy learning system in place can further develop the skills required for students to be ready and able to maximize their learning opportunities. The Wakeham Review of STEM (Science, Technology, and Engineering & Mathematics) degree provision and employability (2016) stressed the importance of building transferable skills and providing work experience. It commented on the need for ‘softer skills such team-work and project management’ to be embedded in the curriculum and for more employers to offer work experience.
For more details, visit: https://theknowledgereview.com/todays-learners-tomorrows-leaders/
Education Articles1. Why Is The Thakur Institute Of Management Studies, Career Development & Research (timscdr) Is The Be
2. 14-year-old Aditya Pachpande On A Mission To Donate 15,100 Uvc Covid-19 Sterilization Kit To The Und
Author: Namrata Jena
3. Top 10 Schools In Bangalore
Author: Royale concorde
4. Which Is The Best Management Or Mba College In Mumbai?
Author: Mithun Mumbai
5. How To Use Fabric From The Company Hyperledger
Author: Block chain council
6. Tips For Advancement In Engineering Studies
Author: Kamal Bhatt
7. What Is The Use Of Overseas Education Consultants?
8. Best Online Defence Coaching For Nda Major Kalshi Classes
9. How Teachers Can Create A Work-life Balance?
Author: Deepak kumar
10. How To Become A Writer
Author: Deepak kumar
11. Cbse Maths Tuition Through Virtual Learning Removes Anxiety Among Students
Author: Vishwajeet kumar
12. Fast And Trusted Do My Homework Help
Author: Sophia Lee
13. Upsc Full Form In English : Upsc Ka Full Form Kya H
14. What Should You Know About Mixed Martial Arts Hoppers Crossing Point Cook?
Author: Marco Stoinis
15. Inter-state River Water Disputes In India
Author: Current Affairs Review