ALL >> Health >> View Article
Cannabis Edibles: Five Important Tips To Make Your Experience More Enjoyable
Total Articles: 32
Have you tried cannabis edibles without any idea of its potency or the right amount to consume? Thankfully, with its legalization, we are seeing more manufacturers being held to higher regulatory standards for a safer and more pleasant edibles experience. Anyone who’s new to edibles is bound to face some uncertainty. That’s why we came up with five very important tips to equip you with the necessary knowledge to make your marijuana edibles experience more enjoyable.
Read the Dosing Guidelines on the Package - Edibles are sold with labels indicating their CBD/THC content in milligrams. The standard dose is at 10 milligrams, although newbies are encouraged to start off with half of that. From the initial dose, they can then add another dose after an hour once they have settled on the effects of that first dose. Medical patients and veteran consumers, on the other hand, might need a higher dose than the standard. There are experienced consumers, however, who opt to take small doses so there’s not too much euphoria. This technique, called microdosing, aims to stimulate the cannabinoid receptors of the body for improved creativity, focus and mood.
Take into Consideration Your Tolerance - It’s recommended for every newbie, as well as those who have not used cannabis in a while, to start with a small dose. Because you probably have a low THC tolerance, you’re very much susceptible to unpleasant effects like dizziness, anxiety, and paranoia. In this case, it would be better to have an underwhelming experience than an overwhelming one. Never attempt to keep up with the experienced ones; these consumers have already built up a high tolerance and need higher doses to achieve their desired effects. Also, they are more resilient to the side effects that THC brings about.
Exercise Self-Control and Be Patient - It can be a challenge to wait for an hour or two for the effects to kick in when you have a whole package of tasty infused snacks. Keep in mind that marijuana edibles are not meant to be snacked on mindlessly for an extended period of time—unless you want to experience a bumpy ride. For a more pleasurable and controlled experience, start with a small dose and wait. Take note that metabolism and body fat varies from one person to another, so there’s no definite time for the goods to take effect. Only chow down on the rest of the edibles once you feel the effects of the first dose. After an hour or so, you can proceed with eating some more.
Be Reminded on Your Stomach Contents - Before you start dosing, it’s very important to consider what you’ve eaten and drank, and how much. Eating edibles on an empty stomach will make the effects kick in much quicker. If this is the case, then it would be wise to start with half a dose. Aside from this, it’s also vital to think about any alcohol that you have consumed. Keep in mind that alcohol can increase the blood concentration of THC in the body. If you find yourself in this situation and you plan to mix these two, try to dose modestly to spare yourself any unpleasant side effects.
Get Settled in a Safe and Comfortable Place - The great thing about edibles is their portability. Use this to your advantage by eating them in a safe and comfortable setting. If you plan to consume a bigger dosage, do it at home in the company of friends and family. It helps to have your partner or close friend with you if it’s your first time to help prevent any anxiety-related side effects. As you gain more experience, it’ll be easier to feel safe and at peace with your surroundings when you consume cannabis edibles. But until this happens, surround yourself with people and things that you love and bask in the relaxation, bliss, relief and laughter that edibles bring.
Besides ensuring that our edibles have gone through mandated lab testing and proper labelling, it also helps to know the standard dose and adjust to it based on your needs. But if you find yourself feeling uncomfortably high even when you followed the guidelines above, don’t panic. Try to stay calm first—it’s essential to counteracting cannabis high that’s too intense.
Health Articles1. Surgical Sealants And Adhesives Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth
2. Robotic Surgery Equipment Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities
3. Resistant Depression Treatment Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth
4. Radiation Dose Management Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities
5. Histopathology Services Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities, An
6. Cardiac Catheter Introducer Kits Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth
7. Blood Processing Equipment Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities
8. Anti-microbial Packaging Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities
9. Acute Myeloid Leukaemia Market Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities
10. Drug Of Abuse Testing Market Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opportunities
11. Home Oral Care- An Essential Regime
Author: Pooja Agrawal
12. Drinking Iced Tea During Pregnancy: Is It Safe?
13. What Is Dental Implant Surgery?
Author: Dr. Lokesh
14. Treatment Options For Arthritis Pain
Author: Illinois Pain
15. Paracetamol Is Effective & Secure In Pain-relief (check This Out, Why)