ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
What Does The Nissan Qashqai Airbag Warning Light Indicate?
Total Articles: 35
If you’re the proud owner of a Nissan Qashqai 2019 model, then you understand that it’s a safe family vehicle for daily and weekend use. One of the areas that Nissan engineers pay the most attention to is safety, and this includes the airbags. Every Nissan car has an airbag warning light to help you to alert you that there is a problem with your airbag that needs to be fixed urgently. Let’s take a closer look at the airbag warning light and what it may be trying to tell you.
Why Does the Warning Light Come On?
The airbag is designed to deploy quickly within a fraction of a second in the event of a crash. This speed is only possible thanks to a set of sensitive sensors that can understand the differences between hard braking and a potential collision. The airbags are actually part of a more extensive safety system known as the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS), and this is used to interpret the generated sensory data. So, if there is a problem anywhere in your safety system the car is designed to give you a warning via the airbag warning light. This light could be marked as “SRS” or “Airbag,” or it could even be a graphic of a sitting person holding a large ball object.
What Does the Airbag Warning Light Mean?
The aforementioned SRS system is relying on sensors that are linked to the seats and seatbelts. These sensors will detect the collision instantly and then inform the SRS that it’s time to deploy automatically. The system will also be told which airbags to deploy and empty seats will remain unaffected throughout the collision. If there is any form of miscommunication between the SRS sensors and the airbag this will be indicated by a lit airbag warning light. This could occur for a number of reasons, such as a wiring issue, a sensor failure, and an actual airbag fault. Another possible issue is that the actual SRS system will not work in the event of an accident. However, if you have a faulty Takata airbag the airbag warning light will not come on at all. This is usually an issue reserved for cars built between 2001 and 2008, but if you are not sure, please check your VIN number or contact your Nissan dealership.
What Action Should You Take Next?
If the airbag warning light comes, it means that there is a significant SRS problem that needs to be fixed. If the light comes on and stays on, you need to get your car checked out immediately. There are few causes that you can check out for yourself too, make sure that the seatbelt is seating correctly and that the tensioner is working. Sometimes dirt and debris can get into the seat belt system, and this can affect the SRS sensors too.
If you’re in the market for new Nissan Qashqai, visit us here at Perth City Nissan and ask about our latest hot deals.
Automobiles Articles1. Best Mobile Service Center In Marathahalli
2. Why Is Essential To Have Frequent Servicing Of Harley Davidson
Author: Levi Fysh
3. 4 Things To Consider When You Search For Driving Instructors
Author: Nicholas Manchee
4. Various Services Provided By The Limousine Renting Agencies
Author: Xavier Philip
5. Know About The Importance Of Side Steps For Your Vehicle
Author: Hamish Crotty
6. Why To Hire Volkswagen Specialists For Your Vehicle?
Author: Oliver Mertin
7. How To Sell Your Junk Car Without Any Additional Condition
Author: Mitchell Govett
8. Two Major Services Provided By Car Removal Company
Author: Lachlan Ruth
9. Advantages Of Keeping Your Car At Perth Airport For A Longer Period
Author: Ava M Williams
10. Should You Repair Or Replace Your Windscreen?
Author: Sam Lampasona
11. What Are The Most Important Routine Car Services?
Author: Dav Sar
12. Go Digital While Using The Most Advanced Car Battery Tester!
Author: Chunnan Chen
13. Customize The Equipment Necessary For Food Trucks With Reputed Food Truck Builders
Author: Texas Cart Builder
14. Benefits Of Buying Truck Spare Part Online
Author: PS Truck Parts
15. Order Lots Of Spare Parts From Suppliers
Author: PS Truck Parts