ALL >> System-Network-Administration >> View Article
Data Center Security: Controlling Possible Threats
The rise in cyber crimes is one of the main causes of Data center outages. As per the recent survey conducted by industry insiders, cybercrime caused 22 percent data center outages in 2015 opposed to 2 percent outages in 2010. Adding to all these, now most of the data centers are re-evaluating their security policies after the recent WannaCry ransomware attack.
Data center outages cause companies to loss revenue in many ways. However, the costliest loss is service interruption and loss of IT productivity. So, the organizations are now realizing that traditional security is no longer secure enough to secure any data center. A recent study has found that 83 percent of traffic travels east/west within the data center, which stays undetected by the perimeter security. In this environment, when an attacker infiltrates the perimeter firewall, then can jump across the system with ease, extract information and compromise valuable data. Additionally, data centers can fail due to trespassers or a terrorist attack or by natural calamities.
So, how can one secure a data center in the best way possible from any kind of cyber threat? Don’t worry we’ve got you covered, with the points below.
As the first step, one should Map the Data Center and flag the hackers within the virtual and physical infrastructure. The CSOs and CIOs with a system map of their systems can react to any suspicious activity and take steps to stop data breaches. Being able to visualize different traffic patterns within a network helps to understand threats, that eventually elevates the level of security.
Understanding and measurement of traffic flow within the data center boundary are very important. In the case of any interruption in traffic across east/west vs north/south, protected vs unprotected one can get to know about a threat. Additionally, vulnerable zones and unprotected traffic need to be monitored for a better result.
System/Network Administration Articles1. Save Time On Your Ftp Updates With Ftpgetter Professional
Author: Vladimir Davidenko
2. Pabx Installation Service Provider Dubai
Author: Amjad Khan
3. Is There Casino Gambling In India - Answers
Author: Gilberto Langley
4. What Does Business Intelligence Offer Your Enterprise?
5. Top Benefits Of Security Camera Systems
Author: Alpha Security Cameras
6. Monitor Uptime For Local-area Networks With Network Olympus
Author: Jonathan O'Neil
7. Top Applications Offered By An Iot Solution Company
Author: Jaideep Chakrabarti
8. Marg Erp 9+ Accounting Software- Best Erp Software 2019 In Dubai | Vat Software, Perfonec
Author: Akansha Surana
9. Improve Wholesale And Retail Sales With Sap S/4hana
Author: Knack Systems
10. Top 5 Things To Look For In A Managed Service Provider
Author: Richard Johnson
11. Onyolo Market Report 2019
Author: Mrak John
12. Sap Training In Bengaluru - Social Prachar
13. Fastest Broadband In London
14. Automate Ftp And Sftp Transfers For Easier Synchronization
Author: Vladimir Davidenko