123ArticleOnline Logo
Welcome to 123ArticleOnline.com!
ALL >> Investing---Finance >> View Article

How To Invest In A National Pension Scheme? What Are Its Types And Charges?

By Author: Neha Sharma
Total Articles: 242
Comment this article

Retirement can be a difficult time both physically and financially. With the slow deterioration of health, financial security can be attained if one is careful. A government-sanctioned pension scheme, known as the national pension scheme, is the simplest and cheapest way to ensure this financial independence post-retirement.

What is the National Pension Scheme (NPS)?

It is the least known government approved pension schemes in India. It is a specialized investment where people can deposit small sums of money over the years. The NPS would then offer a lump sum payout during the retired life of the investor. Therefore, the investor does not need to maintain other savings for his/her post-retired life.

Types of NPS

NPS is divided into two types or tiers, namely, Tier I and Tier II.

• Tier-I Account
In this type of National Pension Scheme account, the withdrawals are limited. If you are investing in the first tier of NPS, you can withdraw up to 20 per cent of the funds before reaching the age of 60. The remaining 80 per cent of the money is used for buying the annuity for you. Due to the annuity plan, you would need to pay a fixed sum of money until the scheme matures or until you pass away.

• Tier-II Account
It is a savings option where you save voluntarily. Therefore, from such an NPS account, you are free to withdraw whenever you like and as much as you like.

The charge involved with National Pension Scheme investments

• During the initial set up of the NPS account, you would need to pay the POP charges. Rs. 100 is charged as registration fee. Furthermore, 0.25 per cent of the initial investment is charged as a contribution. The minimum amount is Rs. 20 and the maximum is Rs. 25,000.

• For subsequent transactions, the subscriber pays a 0.25 per cent fee on the amount subscribed. The minimum payment is Rs. 20, while the maximum payment is Rs. 25,000.

• Any transaction that does not involve any subscriber contribution will result in a charge of Rs. 20.

Keep these factors in mind if you are planning to invest in the National Pension Scheme so that you can take advantage of the benefits from such investments post your retirement life.

Author bio:
Neha Sharma is a finance student who loves to write in her free time. She has spent considerable time researching about National Pension Scheme. Through her work, she informs about its types and charges

Total Views: 61Word Count: 402See All articles From Author

Add Comment

Investing / Finance Articles

1. Money Management Tips - For Small Business In Australia
Author: John Mike

2. All You Need To Know About The Personal Loan Interest Rates
Author: Loan Adda

3. Why Using Self-directed Ira To Buy Real Estate Is A Smart Idea?
Author: Hayley Barnes

4. Best Platform For Automated Trading
Author: Jack Hamilton

5. Is Online Gambling Legal In Oregon - Answers
Author: Georgetta Henn

6. What To Do When The Business Loan Is Refused
Author: Finway Capital

7. Types Of Business And Their Loan Requirement
Author: Finway Capital

8. Reasons To Apply For Personal Loan During Medical Emergency
Author: Finway Capital

9. Top Benefits Of Paying A Higher Home Down Payment
Author: pooja agrawal

10. Is 1031 Exchange Same As 1033 Exchange?
Author: Angilina

11. Personal Loans For Students
Author: Finway Capital

12. Impact Of Demonetization On Home Loan
Author: Finway Capital

13. Factors Affecting Home Loans
Author: Finway Capital

14. Global Bank Reconciliation Software Market Overview
Author: Aarkstore Market Research

15. Factors Affecting Business Loans
Author: Finway Capital

Login To Account
Login Email:
Password:
Forgot Password?
New User?
Sign Up Newsletter
Email Address: